Try 30 days of free premium.

Filter shows by premiering first

kevin87 wrote 5 years ago: 1

On the shows page, it gives you options to filter by newly added and all that, but we need one that will give results for what new shows are premiering soonest so if we want to follow stuff without knowing specifically what we're looking for, we can browse through the ones premiering soon. If not a series premiere, then at least a season premiere and just filter by unfollowed. Sure there may be a lot of shows then, but at least then it wouldn't be a bunch that aren't active at the moment and should at least be stuff that's coming this year.

In development isn't really an option because that can be shows that premiere in a year or more, if they even get picked up at all.

gazza911 wrote 5 years ago: 1

I'd suggest you look at the Countdown page - you can switch between showing season premieres, show premieres and all episodes.

Jan wrote 5 years ago: 1

@kevin87: All good? If so, I think we can close this. :)

kevin87 wrote 5 years ago: 1

That's a fine short term option but if there was something in shows section, say in the "sort by" menu, then you could search for what is upcoming and be able to filter out the ones you already follow and narrow it down to the language you speak too. I don't speak other languages, so having the countdown page show me a bunch of shows I wouldn't understand kind of defeats the purpose lol

kevin87 wrote:
That's a fine short term option but if there was something in shows section, say in the "sort by" menu, then you could search for what is upcoming and be able to filter out the ones you already follow and narrow it down to the language you speak too. I don't speak other languages, so having the countdown page show me a bunch of shows I wouldn't understand kind of defeats the purpose lol

The countdown also filters by country, networks you follow, shows you follow and your own tags.

Why is it in a seperate page than shows? Because it displays a lot more information than what you'd get on the shows page like the hour of the next episode, name & number of episode/season, how much time there is left for it to air,...

Also, I agree that filtering on the show page can have it's benefits for quick filtered searches when you're searching for new shows. But the countdown is still a more suited tool for this type of usecase.

gazza911 wrote 5 years ago: 1

Jan, ultimately the show page has many more filters (that can be applied at a single time) than the countdown page and it's not the the first time this has been requested.

My suggestion was merely based on what we already have.

gazza911 wrote:
Jan, ultimately the show page has many more filters (that can be applied at a single time) than the countdown page and it's not the the first time this has been requested.

My suggestion was merely based on what we already have.

Yep, I understand the request. I was also merely pointing out that the countdown can do those things (country).
It's noted for future improvement on the shows page.

Try 30 days of free premium.