Try 30 days of free premium.

Joaquim Dulac (Demain nous appartient)

TDCT wrote 5 years ago: 1

Hi !

This is about the Demain nous appartient character Joaquim Dulac.

There are two different spellings for "Joaquim" : Joaquim and Joachim. In his first appearances, he is credited as "Joaquim" but then it switches to "Joachim".

On the official website (https://www.tf1.fr/dossier/joachim-dulac-demain-nous-appartient) it is spelled "Joachim" and in the official episodes recaps too.

I previously didn't know which one to choose and renamed him 3 times on TVMaze so I can't rename him again but now that I've reached the episode where the titles switch from Joaquim to Joachim, I think the second spelling is the right one. Do you agree ? Can you please dit this ?

(Maybe we could leave "Joaquim" in the AKAs section of the character)

gazza911 wrote 5 years ago: 1

I'm not familiar with the series.

Is there any significance to the storyline of the character's name being changed or is it simply that they've made a post production decision to use a different spelling for the name?

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

Is there any audible difference between two spellings? How's the other characters calling him?

Anyways, for situations like this the policy advices to turn to the next best source, if the first one (on-screen titles) is inconclusive or inconsistent. So I'd go with the official characters guide, and add other spelling as an AKA.

Tonks wrote 5 years ago: 1

There's no audible difference between the two. It's just the wrong spelling. It's like writing Nicholas or Nicolas, nathalie or natalie. In french, you wouldn't hear the difference. You would hear it in English for Nathalie vs Natalie though, not sure for Nicholas.

gazza911 wrote:
I'm not familiar with the series.

Is there any significance to the storyline of the character's name being changed or is it simply that they've made a post production decision to use a different spelling for the name?

There is no significance to the show. They just used two different spellings, with no audible difference (probably to distinguish the character Joachim from the actor Joaquim Fossi who plays another character in the same show)

deleted wrote 5 years ago: 1

TDCT wrote:
Hi !

This is about the Demain nous appartient character Joaquim Dulac.

There are two different spellings for "Joaquim" : Joaquim and Joachim. In his first appearances, he is credited as "Joaquim" but then it switches to "Joachim".

On the official website (https://www.tf1.fr/dossier/joachim-dulac-demain-nous-appartient) it is spelled "Joachim" and in the official episodes recaps too.

I previously didn't know which one to choose and renamed him 3 times on TVMaze so I can't rename him again but now that I've reached the episode where the titles switch from Joaquim to Joachim, I think the second spelling is the right one. Do you agree ? Can you please dit this ?

(Maybe we could leave "Joaquim" in the AKAs section of the character)

I would suggest to credit him as Joachim too in the first episode and add ''Joaquim'' for example as AKA to the character page.

Rickiesgal wrote 5 years ago: 1

the person edited 3 times so is locked out of fixing it....

deleted wrote 5 years ago: 1

Rickiesgal wrote:
the person edited 3 times so is locked out of fixing it....

So you fixed it or is it yet to be fixed?

Thomas wrote:
So you fixed it or is it yet to be fixed?

It has been fixed ;-)

Thanks to the person who fixed it by the way !

Try 30 days of free premium.