Try 30 days of free premium.

Stephen

TonyMayhew wrote 3 years ago: 1

So, we've got an upcoming ITV drama on here called Stephen, which is fine. What I cannot figure out is the 2 specials that are listed in the episode section. 

The one from 1999 is a film directed by Paul Greengrass, who will also direct this new drama & yes, it is about the same boy that was killed. The second special (Airing tonight) is a documentary based around Stephen Lawrence & George Floyd, which I cannot find a connection to the drama series other than Stephen Lawrence.

I've found this link to ITV about the upcoming drama series & it does mention the original film, but I'm still unsure if it should be listed here as a special & I'm even more unsure the documentary is linked to the series.

Any thoughts?

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

"Stephen, which has been commissioned by ITV, will be a three-part sequel to 1999’s The Murder Of Stephen Lawrence"

"The Murder Of Stephen Lawrence... will be repeated on ITV on July 16.

A live discussion programme entitled Stephen Lawrence: Has Britain Changed?will also air on ITV immediately before the re-broadcast."

Would we consider the 1999 as Season 1?

deleted wrote 3 years ago: 1

I personally think that neither the film nor the documentary should be added to this series and therefore should be deleted.

TomSouthwell wrote 3 years ago: 1

@Thomas wrote:
I personally think that neither the film nor the documentary should be added to this series and therefore should be deleted.

The series is a continuation straight after the original film ends, with the director of the original film set to return as a producer. I could understand the logic in not having the discussion special if ITV didn't have the press release Tony shared which suggests the programmes are all linked. 

deleted wrote 3 years ago: 1

@TomSouthwell wrote:
The series is a continuation straight after the original film ends, with the director of the original film set to return as a producer. I could understand the logic in not having the discussion special if ITV didn't have the press release Tony shared which suggests the programmes are all linked. 

I could understand the logic of the film being listed as a special (though I'm still leaning towards deletion), the documentary seems to have nothing to do with the series itself other than having the same topic.

Try 30 days of free premium.