Try 30 days of free premium.

Where is the "watched" list?

KitKimes wrote 2 years ago: 1

I got an email that said that I can see my "watched" list but the link gave me a 404 error.  So I went to the home page and tried to find any reference to a "watched" list but I can't find any mention of it.  How can I get to it if it exists?

JuanArango wrote 2 years ago: 1

You need to hover the mouse over your name/avatar, then you will see a menu, which also contains the watchlist.

@JuanArango wrote:
You need to hover the mouse over your name/avatar, then you will see a menu, which also contains the watchlist.

I don't think that is what the message was referring to.  I'd upload a screen capture but there isn't a way to do that here.

The exact words are "Did You Know: You can view your watch history in the watched page"

It has a button with a link to: https://www.tvmaze.com/watched?pk_source=email but that just gives me a 404 error.  Even if I leave off "?pk_source=email", I get the same 404 error.  I take the message to refer to something new, that is a listing of episodes of all the shows I have watched.  At least that is what I was hoping it would show me but I get nothing.

Thanks

tnt wrote 2 years ago: 1

@KitKimes wrote:
I don't think that is what the message was referring to.  I'd upload a screen capture but there isn't a way to do that here.

The exact words are "Did You Know: You can view your watch history in the watched page"

https://www.tvmaze.com/dashboard/watched
The link in the email is incorrect.

david wrote 2 years ago: 2

Thanks for the report, the link is fixed now in future emails.

@david wrote:
Thanks for the report, the link is fixed now in future emails.

Thank you!  That is exactly what I was hoping it would be.  After looking over my list I guess I could wish for one more improvement.  It tells me how many episode I have watched but I would like to know how many I've missed.  Maybe change the line to say 'you have watched 10 of 12 episodes' or something like that to let me know that I'm not finished with that show.  I tend to watch one season and pick up another season sometime later.  This would be a quick way to figure out what I can go back to when I'm looking for something else to watch.

david wrote 2 years ago: 2

@KitKimes wrote:
Thank you!  That is exactly what I was hoping it would be.  After looking over my list I guess I could wish for one more improvement.  It tells me how many episode I have watched but I would like to know how many I've missed.  Maybe change the line to say 'you have watched 10 of 12 episodes' or something like that to let me know that I'm not finished with that show.  I tend to watch one season and pick up another season sometime later.  This would be a quick way to figure out what I can go back to when I'm looking for something else to watch.

Is https://www.tvmaze.com/watchlist perhaps not more like what you're looking for?

KitKimes wrote 2 years ago: 2

@david wrote:
Is https://www.tvmaze.com/watchlist perhaps not more like what you're looking for?

I use watchlist extensively.  In fact that is a part of the problem.  I have such a long list that it takes time to scroll through it all.  I do keep it up to date every time I watch an episode of one of my favorite series but it is a bit cumbersome.  The 'watched' list just is so concise and easy to look through.  But obviously not something that detracts from it's value.

Kit

LouisWu wrote 2 years ago: 1

The link to the watched page can also be found on your stats page, at the bottom of the 'Just watched' list. It's called 'View all watched episodes »'

@LouisWu wrote:
The link to the watched page can also be found on your stats page, at the bottom of the 'Just watched' list. It's called 'View all watched episodes »'

Thanks Louis but I don't see a 'stats' page.  How do I get to it?

LouisWu wrote 2 years ago: 1

@KitKimes wrote:
Thanks Louis but I don't see a 'stats' page.  How do I get to it?

Click your name or icon in the hover menu, than it's the second tab at the top of the page, right next to 'Main' :)

@LouisWu wrote:
Click your name or icon in the hover menu, than it's the second tab at the top of the page, right next to 'Main' :)

Thanks Louis.  Yes, I have been to that page before but it's been a while.  LOL.

But that still doesn't address the issue that I mentioned above.  That is, I can tell how many episodes that I have watched but it doesn't tell me how many total episodes there is to a series so I don't know if I have more to watch or not.  The only way I can tell for sure is to go to my watchlist and look at each show to see where I am in the list of episodes.  Right now I keep a short list on paper of the shows (and seasons) that I want to go on to (or back to) next.  It works so I guess I'll just keep doing it that way.

One thing I did notice is that when I finish all the episodes in a show in my watchlist, that show is removed from the list even though I still have it marked as a favorite.  I like that so kudos to whoever made that improvement.  I don't think it used to be that way.

Kit

Try 30 days of free premium.