Try 30 days of free premium.

"Working!!" (Wagnaria) Shows up as the 1997 TV show "Working"

deathz0r23 wrote 11 months ago: 1

So, basically refer to the title. I'm using TVMAZE as my main scraper in KODI and am slightly frustrated that there seems to be a naming conflict between the two aforementioned shows. I'm not by any means someone who actively edits media information or what have you, but I'd like to bring it to the attention of anyone who is able to resolve this issue if at all possible. If I'm in the wrong here then someone please messasge me or whatever, and I'll remove the post. I'm just a dude that likes to use KODI for all my anime and movies. 

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

LadyShelley wrote 11 months ago: 1

So you want to see the data for the Tokyo MX series, but you're getting the NBC series instead? Do I have that right? 

I wonder if the exclamation points are causing some sort of conflict in the API. 

@david @MTQueenie either of you have any ideas? 

david wrote 11 months ago: 1

If there are multiple shows with a (nearly) identical name and Kodi doesn't match the correct one automatically, I believe there's a menu option you can open on the show where you can manually select the appropriate match. I don't have it in front of me right now, but if you search around I believe it'll make sense.

Alternatively, I think it also works to add the premiere year to the show name in your collection, e.g. "Working (2010)"

deathz0r23 wrote 11 months ago: 1

@LadyShelley wrote:
So you want to see the data for the Tokyo MX series, but you're getting the NBC series instead? Do I have that right? 

I wonder if the exclamation points are causing some sort of conflict in the API. 

@david @MTQueenie either of you have any ideas? 

you are correct. as I said I'm not quite fluent in this sort of thing; I just use KODI for all my videos so I'm not stuck browsing through thousands of individual files in a folder. if there's any way I can contribute to a solution here I'm more than willing to do so, but I'll need some help lol. I appreciate the response from you and @david. I'm more miffed because i had to switch back to the TVDB scraper for that specific series. 

also, are there any tips for file naming for multiple part episodes and specials through the tvmaze scraper? if you're not sure then if possible could you point me in the right direction? generally I grab the structure from thetvdb and just name accordingly based on that, and using the tvmaze scraper everything usually scrapes correctly. I just want to figure out the most efficient way of doing all of this because I like my things to be neat.

gazza911 wrote 11 months ago: 1

@deathz0r23 If you don't want to manually select which one it is via the UI, I would suggest that name the folder the Japanese name (i.e. Wagnaria) as it is much more likely to have few results.

AKAs that have added to TVMaze can be searched on - and although the main title takes precedence - it's going to the only show where a title or AKA matches 'Wagnaria'.

Insignificant specials don't have a season on TVMaze, so are matched as Episode xx of Season 0.

Where xx is the number after specials are sorted by date (so the 10th released insignificant special would be S00E10).

Significant specials have both a season & number so they're matched as normal.

Try 30 days of free premium.