Try 30 days of free premium.

Which sites/apps are using TVMaze data?

Calamaz wrote 8 years ago: 1

Is there a list of which or how may sites/apps are using TVMaze data?

Jan wrote 8 years ago: 1

We've been wanting to make one but haven't gotten to it yet. I'd like to have something up this year.

MichaelDeBoey wrote 8 years ago: 1

I think it's diffucult to really list ALL sites/apps that are using the API, but the one that announced it officially or that we discover would definitely be nice to see in a list :-)

Indeed, This is something that will be done manually based on sites/apps that officially announced their usage of the TVmaze API.

WilliamABradley wrote 8 years ago: 1

I think most websites/apps that did run off TVRage are doing a mad scramble to switch Apis, however there are some that are on there way to implementing it, like Sickbeard, etc. Things may become clearer in the future.

srob650 wrote 8 years ago: 1

Flexget and Pynab both use my pytvmaze API wrapper

heyted wrote 8 years ago: 1

github.com/heyted/tvmaze2xml

Downloads TVmaze schedule and runs MythTV's mythfilldatabase

Hi heyted,

Thank you for sharing your work with us. I'm sure some people might find it useful. Keep us posted on any other future updates.

cheers,

Jan

gazza911 wrote 8 years ago: 1

Jan, would you mind about people using a cURL request to do stuff like getting your watchlist or marking an episode as watched remotely?

vBm wrote 8 years ago: 1

Another example, but this time with node.js -> irc-bot-nodejs

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

gazza911 wrote:
Jan, would you mind about people using a cURL request to do stuff like getting your watchlist or marking an episode as watched remotely?

I couldn't recommend that, and it definitely wouldn't be supported.

gazza911 wrote 8 years ago: 1

david wrote:
I couldn't recommend that, and it definitely wouldn't be supported.

That's a shame, as I was successful in remotely marking an episode as watched using cURL.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

gazza911 wrote:
That's a shame, as I was successful in remotely marking an episode as watched using cURL.

If you want to do so for a personal project, we won't stop you. :) I just can't recommend using it in a public project, as such a technique could stop working at any moment without notice.

heyted wrote 7 years ago: 1

Mythrecmaze -- Automatically record the TV shows you follow on TVmaze.com using MythTV

github.com/heyted/mythrecmaze

Instead of setting a recording using MythTV, follow your shows on tvmaze.com to have them recorded. The program checks the ical feed for the next seven days. It then downloads guide data for the current day each time it is run and the next six days only if there is a change in the ical feed for those days. It supports multiple ical tokens, so everyone in the house can have their own TVmaze login. I have tested the program using Mythbuntu 14.04 with MythTV 0.27.

Current limitations (which could be easily changed):

USA only

Uses TVmaze as guide data source (not compatible with Schedules Direct)

heyted wrote 6 years ago: 1

MythTV users,

Mythrecmaze has been modified to be compatible with some other guide data sources.

github.com/heyted/mythrecmaze

Try 30 days of free premium.