Try 30 days of free premium.

Well that was short lived, it's too bad!

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

I guess they went down again after about 33 days? Oh well come see, come sa!

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I guess they went down again after about 33 days? Oh well come see, come sa!

What went down? If TVrage, it's still working.

Thomas wrote:
What went down? If TVrage, it's still working.

I have tried to sign in to it more than a dozen times in the past 8 hours!

eherberg wrote 8 years ago: 1

I just logged out and back into Rage with no issue. Perhaps related to your other browser problem?

eherberg wrote:
I just logged out and back into Rage with no issue. Perhaps related to your other browser problem?

No that's not the case as I tried to login using I.E. and then using GOOGLE Chrome and then using Firefox. Since you are having no problems then my suspiscions must be correct in they decided to lock me out of the site again?

Either Ben or Gadfly did it because they are jealous of me because I can submit so many contributions in a day!

I'm just glad that no one over here is that way, no BIG Egos over here!

Morning_Star wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Either Ben or Gadfly did it because they are jealous of me because I can submit so many contributions in a day!

Do you really believe that?

Morning_Star wrote:
Do you really believe that?

I don't just believe it I know it based on the last 24 hours of interaction!

Morning_Star wrote:
Interaction?

It's personal, sorry no disrespect to you!

And likewise no disrespect to you when I say that I believe you're likely coming to the wrong conclusion based on insufficient evidence and misunderstanding. Occam's Razor, mate.

Morning_Star wrote:
And likewise no disrespect to you when I say that I believe you're likely coming to the wrong conclusion based on insufficient evidence and misunderstanding. Occam's Razor, mate.

If they ever let me sign back in over there again then I will change my tune but I dodn't think they want me there anymore? Their loss is Maze's Gain!

BTW - Occam's Razor, mate. - I have no clue what this means?

Occam's Razor is a principle of logic that states that the simplest explanation is often the best. In other words, your inability to log in may simply be the result of a bug.

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

TVRage was attacked by a hacker and several user passwords were changed. Ask for a password reset, and check your email. And check your junk file. The IP address(es) that the attack was launched from have been banned. If the password reset email doesn't come, try again in 15-30 minutes. It took me two attempts.

if that still doesn't work, I'll send you a temporary password to the email you have on your TVRage account.

This thread can be locked.

Gadfly wrote:
TVRage was attacked by a hacker and several user passwords were changed. Ask for a password reset, and check your email. And check your junk file. The IP address(es) that the attack was launched from have been banned. If the password reset email doesn't come, try again in 15-30 minutes. It took me two attempts.
Occam's Razor is, in its simplest and commonly-understood terms, that the simplest answer is the correct one.

I tried to get an email sent to me more than a dozen times over the past 14 hours and I have not received even 1 email response back!

You must be a College Grad Gad because I still have no clue what that means?

Also if what you are saying is true then I deeply apologize for ass summing the worst?

I was also one of the people targeted, so I know it's true.

Taken to private messaging.

In layman's terms... don't assume the worst.

WiseCrack wrote 8 years ago: 1

It looks like the entire forum over at TVRage has been gutted out and replaced with a drop in MyBB software replacement.

As someone who was/is a staff member over there for literally a decade, they continue to shock me. Losing the last 10 years of the previous forum archives with no warning is absolutely heartbreaking to me. So much history and memories lost. Tragic.

I realize that the owners of this site shut down the last thread about TVRage for understandable reasons. And I'll happily stop talking about it after this if they want. But frankly, I think it'd be a good idea of them to encourage it. People are going to find a place to talk about it, might as well take that traffic for yourself.

Gadfly, we should talk regardless. I don't know if you're as blindsided by the forum change as I was.

TomSouthwell wrote 8 years ago: 1

Not sure how much Gadfly or any other staff member present or past is actually aware of what actually led to TVRage shutting down. I know the guys at Maze are aware, or as aware as I am, that the reason given, is perhaps not the real reason at all. I refuse to go back to the site now, which is apparently crowd-funding at any given opportunity under the guise of the site not going offline again. Myself and another ex-staff member were both approached by Roger in December after he fired us 12 months earlier. I would just caution anyone planning on sticking around there and donating, whether that's monthly or a one-off donation.

WiseCrack wrote:
Gadfly, we should talk regardless. I don't know if you're as blindsided by the forum change as I was.

You can reach me over there by PM.

Try 30 days of free premium.