Try 30 days of free premium.

Edit Requests

ZBorst wrote 5 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
Yes, go ahead and change the airdate, the rest should stay as it is :)

Done. I changed it to July 6, 1993, between Heroes and Washing the Dog, and bumped up the episode numbers behind it. What about this site? http://epguides.com/BeavisandButthead/

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

kevin87 wrote:
"A Midwinter's Tale" for the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is listed as a special, but Netflix has it as episode 11 of part 1. Should this stay a special or should we change it to episode 11?

I think Netflix never lists an episode as a special, we should leave it as we got it here.

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
I think Netflix never lists an episode as a special, we should leave it as we got it here.

It's exactly how they announced it, on multiple occasions, like here and here. IMO Netflix just do not have a technical possibility to list smth. as "special", outside of a season, but it's not really different from Doctor's Christmas specials, isn't it?

tnt wrote:
It's exactly how they announced it, on multiple occasions, like here and here. IMO Netflix just do not have a technical possibility to list smth. as "special", outside of a season, but it's not really different from Doctor's Christmas specials, isn't it?

yep :)

GeorgeFergus wrote 5 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
yep :)

But the title of the episode is clearly Chapter Eleven. Marking it as a special causes it to appear out-of-order in the episode list:

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/32649/chilling-adventures-of-sabrina/episodes

Don't forget why the "specials" category was created in the first place. It is to identify episodes that don't fit into the normal flow and need to be handled separately when listing them. That does not appear to be the case here.

GeorgeFergus wrote:
But the title of the episode is clearly Chapter Eleven. Marking it as a special causes it to appear out-of-order in the episode list:

Don't forget why the "specials" category was created in the first place. It is to identify episodes that don't fit into the normal flow and need to be handled separately when listing them. That does not appear to be the case here.

netlix announced it as a special in their press releases, so the only option here is to list it as a special :)

GeorgeFergus wrote 5 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
netlix announced it as a special in their press releases, so the only option here is to list it as a special :)

Our designation of an episode as special need not always exactly follow the network's definition of a special. This is how we define it: "if the premise of an episode significantly differs from normal episodes and if you can skip it without missing out on any story arcs, it's a special."

I also have a question about the designation of episode 12 of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina as episode 1 of season 2. Netflix has described this as the start of "Part 2" of the season, not as a new season.

GeorgeFergus wrote:
Our designation of an episode as special need not always exactly follow the network's definition of a special. This is how we define it: "if the premise of an episode significantly differs from normal episodes and if you can skip it without missing out on any story arcs, it's a special."

I also have a question about the designation of episode 12 of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina as episode 1 of season 2. Netflix has described this as the start of "Part 2" of the season, not as a new season.

Our policy says that press release overrules the official network site. The same happened with the Christmas special of Sense 8 :)

ZBorst wrote 5 years ago: 1

Question for the group.. What to do about the episode lengths for Beavis and Butthead? Episodes were almost always 15 minutes in length.

The show aired in half hour blocks with usually 2 episodes per block and closing credits at the end of the block. There were a few 30 minute episodes that took the whole block, but those were the exception to the rule.

How do we get these exceptions to show on www.epguides.com?

ZBorst wrote:
Question for the group.. What to do about the episode lengths for Beavis and Butthead? Episodes were almost always 15 minutes in length.

The show aired in half hour blocks with usually 2 episodes per block and closing credits at the end of the block. There were a few 30 minute episodes that took the whole block, but those were the exception to the rule.

How do we get these exceptions to show on www.epguides.com?

We set the episode length to 15 min here, for the 30 min episodes we need to manually change the runtime for these episodes. I think epguides will not display those exceptions :)

kevin87 wrote 5 years ago: 1

GeorgeFergus wrote:

Specials actually seem to follow the narrative these days, Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, etc... They're not just a recap thing like they used to mostly be. I just wasn't sure about Sabrina because I hadn't seen it officially called that, just thought maybe people were saying special since it airs outside of the typical time frame of Netflix's all-at-once model, but would have made sense to hold it off for the holiday it goes with. Since they say it's a special that's fine.

GeorgeFergus wrote:

Netflix actually ordered 20 episodes, not x number of seasons, so... we will have to wait and see how Netflix promotes it officially on service/app to see how it should be changed, so for now, the next 9 episodes of "part 2" are basically a second season because Netflix is being weird about what they call it. I don't think this site functions that way anyway, it has to be seasons or a yearly format. The seasons could be given a "Part 1" and "Part 2" subtitle though.

jfeeser wrote 5 years ago: 1

Can someone unlock the episodes:

ROH/NJPW Honor Rising: Night 2, and
ROH/NJPW Honor Rising: Night 1
in the 2017 season of "New Japan Pro Wrestling"?

The episode numbers are locked. I'm working to flesh out that season and re-number the episodes according to Cagematch.net (https://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=7&page=4&sortby=colDate&sorttype=ASC&s=6900). This appears to be what the person who's editing the 2018 season is doing, so i'd like to keep it consistent.

jfeeser wrote 5 years ago: 1

Also can you delete 2019x19 - i *may* have accidentally created an episode in the wrong season :)

jfeeser wrote:
Can someone unlock the episodes:

ROH/NJPW Honor Rising: Night 2, and
ROH/NJPW Honor Rising: Night 1
in the 2017 season of "New Japan Pro Wrestling"?

The episode numbers are locked. I'm working to flesh out that season and re-number the episodes according to Cagematch.net (https://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=7&page=4&sortby=colDate&sorttype=ASC&s=6900). This appears to be what the person who's editing the 2018 season is doing, so i'd like to keep it consistent.

I cannot unlock them, please tell me which episodes I shall renumber and I will do it :)

Try 30 days of free premium.