Try 30 days of free premium.

Unaired Episodes

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

Perhaps it's a question rather than a suggestion, but is there a way to list unaired episodes as Unaired?

The most common show with unaired episodes is Firefly. I'm assuming that the dates for the last three episodes come from... Syfy? Or the Canadian SPACE Channel? Or something. But the show never aired on Fox on the dates given.

But what if the unaired episode doesn't air anywhere else. What do you do then? The system won't let you enter 0s as a default.

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

I usually don't add unaired episodes as they are simply not watchable and would not make sense to add them.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Marking an episode as unaired is possible by simply leaving the "airdate" field empty. This should indeed by very rare though. :)

ThomasNL wrote:
I usually don't add unaired episodes as they are simply not watchable and would not make sense to add them.

In many cases (certainly in the case of Firefly), the episodes are available, watchable, and the series as a whole arguably doesn't make much sense without them. :)

david wrote:
Marking an episode as unaired is possible by simply leaving the "airdate" field empty. This should indeed by very rare though. :)

I figured it would be something that simple. :) Unfortunately, there's a lot of simple ways to try.

Unfortunately, it's becoming less rare and more common all the time. Shows get cancelled prematurely, DVD releases get them out there, stuff gets released on the Internet instead...

Which raises the question: if an episode is preempted or cancelled "on air," but released on the Internet, is that Unaired? Or does it get the release date it went up on (presumably) the network website? Or... what? And how do you note it so that people coming along realize what method of release was intended?

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

Gadfly wrote:
In many cases (certainly in the case of Firefly), the episodes are available, watchable, and the series as a whole arguably doesn't make much sense without them. :)

I wasn't aware of that of course, but I was referring more likely to shows that just didn't air them anywhere anymore, not even on internet. I would guess that you can leave it blank in that case.

Try 30 days of free premium.