Try 30 days of free premium.

2018 Emmy Nominations

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2018/07/12/70th-emmy-awards-complete-nominations-list-696400/20180712atas01/

Thought I'd start a thread to discuss this years Emmy nominations ... the good, the bad, the snubs and who will win.

Maybe it is just me but I think that the Emmy and Oscar awards are not to be takten seriously, it rarely happens that the awards are going to the persons or shows which really deserve it. It is just an evening where the same old crowd wants to be seen.

gazza911 wrote 5 years ago: 1

Can't say I've ever been interested in any awards show to be honest.

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

Oh, I agree about award shows. I haven't watched or been particularly interested in any award show in over 20 years. I was just hoping to stir up some conversation ... while ratings are down these shows still attract a big audience so there are those out there who still watch 'em.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:
Oh, I agree about award shows. I haven't watched or been particularly interested in any award show in over 20 years. I was just hoping to stir up some conversation ... while ratings are down these shows still attract a big audience so there are those out there who still watch 'em.

Yeh, Lots of people watch them, that is true.

LadyShelley wrote 5 years ago: 1

Yet another year where the big five networks are basically shut out with the exception of a handful of Comedy nominations. Interesting that the streaming craze seems to have died down and most of the nominations are from cable networks as opposed to the NetFlix and Amazon cascades that happened last year.

Still, I don't really care as I don't watch any of the shows nominated. (kinda like the Oscars, the movies I watch don't get those nominations either.)

Try 30 days of free premium.