Try 30 days of free premium.

Premiere Month

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

If it's easy to code, I wouldn't mind seeing a Premiere Season added to the Season # update pages. Often in the early stages of development shows are said to be set to premiere, for example, Summer 2019. It gives a bit better idea of when to expect to see a new or returning show when the exact month/date is not yet know.

Or, perhaps better yet, just adjust the Premiere Month to Premieres and at the bottom, put in a separator line after December and just add Spring, Summer, Fall, & Winter as selectable options.

gazza911 wrote 5 years ago: 1

It's been suggested before.

Including it in premiere month wouldn't work as that has to be a number.

I know why you're asking for this, but personally I don't think it's worth the time it would take to add it; when only the season and not a month is released, it's still quite likely for that to be changed.

Obviously that can still happen when they specify the month, but less likely.

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

I have another suggestion – to fill the month and year automatically from the first added episode, and correct it automatically if premiere is postponed/airdate changed.

gazza911 wrote:
It's been suggested before.

Including it in premiere month wouldn't work as that has to be a number.

I know why you're asking for this, but personally I don't think it's worth the time it would take to add it; when only the season and not a month is released, it's still quite likely for that to be changed.

Obviously that can still happen when they specify the month, but less likely.

True, but if I'm anxiously awaiting a show in 2019, it's better to know they hope to have it on in the spring (early) as opposed to winter (late) or just some time within a 12 month span and it's anyone's guess when.

I don't know the logic/method behind the system but, where there is a will there is a way. The listed months aren't numbers, they're names that, I assume, get converted into a number on the backend ... seasons could also be converted to a number, and once you have a number you can manipulate and/or handle it however you wish.

tnt wrote:
I have another suggestion – to fill the month and year automatically from the first added episode, and correct it automatically if premiere is postponed/airdate changed.

Yes! +1

This would be especially helpful on old series where we can't add the year anymore as well as on an ongoing basis.

Try 30 days of free premium.