Try 30 days of free premium.

16 episodes is too much to display?

david wrote 5 years ago: 1

Because the show is airing daily, only the last two seasons are shown by default. And because the last season (3) that's added is empty, there's only one left.

Admittedly it's a bit weird for this specific show; airing daily but only for 8 episodes in a season isn't very standard.

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

david wrote:
Because the show is airing daily, only the last two seasons are shown by default. And because the last season (3) that's added is empty, there's only one left.

Admittedly it's a bit weird for this specific show; airing daily but only for 8 episodes in a season isn't very standard.

Daily (Mon-Thu) broadcast is pretty common among the Russian scripted shows, with number of episodes per season being multiple of four (usually 8-16).

Maybe truncate based on the number of episodes could be more flexible? And empty season should be ignored, it doesn't occupy a screen space anyway :)

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
Daily (Mon-Thu) broadcast is pretty common among the Russian scripted shows, with number of episodes per season being multiple of four (usually 8-16).

Maybe truncate based on the number of episodes could be more flexible? And empty season should be ignored, it doesn't occupy a screen space anyway :)

+1

Even more flexible would be to allow users, like GMail does for emails, to select the number of episodes they want to see per screen. Give people the option of say 50, 100, 250 or 500 ... or numbers that give some flexibility that also work with optimal site requirements/functionality.

Not quite on topic but in the ballpark is have all seasons, even truncated seasons listed on the opening page. Give users the option of listing all seasons there or, if they select a single season, display only that season. Often I have to load the entire history of a show when I am only looking for info on a specific episode and/or season. Less CPU workload & less data for the site, faster loads for the user, win-win. ymmv

david wrote 5 years ago: 1

I'm not saying it couldn't be improved, just explaining why it currently is the way it is.

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

david wrote:
I'm not saying it couldn't be improved, just explaining why it currently is the way it is.

No, I get that. My comment maybe should have been put in the Suggestions forum, I was just spitballin' changes I wouldn't mind seeing with episode displays rather than bug reporting. Sorry if it was the wrong spot. My bad. :(

bungle wrote 4 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:

+2

david wrote 4 years ago: 1

I finally tweaked the episodelist truncation to be more flexible. All should be well now :)

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

david wrote:
I finally tweaked the episodelist truncation to be more flexible. All should be well now :)

Awesome! Thank you :)

Am I right to assume that Specials are visible now in truncated state?

david wrote 4 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
Awesome! Thank you :)

Am I right to assume that Specials are visible now in truncated state?

Yeah, I decided to always include them. Seemed more logical since on shows with thousands of episodes (thus truncation) the specials are hardly the culprit.

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

david wrote:
Yeah, I decided to always include them. Seemed more logical since on shows with thousands of episodes (thus truncation) the specials are hardly the culprit.

Yes, it's much more convenient now :)

bungle wrote 4 years ago: 1

agreed...thanks and good job guys. =D

Try 30 days of free premium.