Try 30 days of free premium.

Multiple actors portraying same character (part 2)

MAT13 wrote 3 years ago: 1

Now, after talking about how it looks when more actors play the same character in some live-action show, I ran into an opposite case with this cast...

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/5429/detective-conan/cast

...I see we have Kogoro Mori, for example, split into two characters, one from episode 1 to 552, and one from there on. This is silly because in this case, splitting is actually not needed, while in live-cast we would need it but we don't do it.

In anime, they just changed voice-actor after some 15 seasons which is only logical, but the character himself (Kogoro Mori) is the same one in episode 1 or in episode 300 or in episode 800. So why was it split in case where character's face doesn't change since it's an anime, and split really isn't needed? Should this be merged? (Well, they should just both point to single "Mori Kogoro" character, that is, while the other one should be removed or left unused).

I see that I could do this myself, but before I do anything, I'd like to check here if this is some special case where this should be left as is? I mean, info such as this could just be added under character info (I could add that info there before making them both point to a single character so information about this isn't lost).

So, once more, just wanna check here if it's okay for me to fix this, or should this be left like this?

tnt wrote 3 years ago: 1

@MAT13 wrote:
I see that I could do this myself, but before I do anything, I'd like to check here if this is some special case where this should be left as is?

No, there's no special case. The user who did that either simply copied the information from some external source, or tried to circumvent the policy limitation.

Try 30 days of free premium.