Try 30 days of free premium.

Multi-select in bulk cast/crew appearances

kevin87 wrote 3 years ago: 2

When there's a bunch of cast and more specifically crew appearances, I have to either do each episode individually or bulk add them and do one at a time. It'd save a lot of time and clicks if it was possible to be able to select all the needed cast or crew in bulk add and then click the episodes once instead of having to do one person at a time and clicking each episode. 

Bulk guest crew would also be helpful, it might not be used as much, but for British shows for example usually have the same writers or directors for all or most of the episodes. Gavin and Stacy comes to mind in particular where all 21 episodes were written and directed by the same people.

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 2

Only problem I see with this is say on Episode 1 I have cast X added, but not cast Y.

If I go to the bulk cast and select both X & Y to bulk edit, should it show them as added or not?

If it did, then saving would add both; vice versa saving would remove both.

Maybe one way around that would be to grey out (not saving any changes to) ones where only some of the cast you've selected is already marked on the episode, but that would probably be more work.

tnt wrote 3 years ago: 2

@kevin87 wrote:

Bulk guest crew would also be helpful, it might not be used as much, but for British shows for example usually have the same writers or directors for all or most of the episodes. Gavin and Stacy comes to mind in particular where all 21 episodes were written and directed by the same people.

+100 to that, I think it was asked a few times before.

To add an example: all episodes of every scripted show on Quibi is written and directed by the same people because basically each Quibi show is a full-length movie, split into multiple parts.

Try 30 days of free premium.