Try 30 days of free premium.

Block the creation of the same show twice within 5-10 minutes

SilverSurfer wrote 3 years ago: 1

Am I reading things wrong? They were created 6 seconds apart. But still, you'd think the system would block the second one even just a second later ... but I don't know the system.

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

It happens when you double click.

What most sites do is disable the button via JavaScript, then re-enable it if the HTTP request (not show request) failed.

@gazza911 wrote:
It happens when you double click.

What most sites do is disable the button via JavaScript, then re-enable it if the HTTP request (not show request) failed.

But it was being done by two different people at the same time, not by a double click.

Ah, that is very coincidental then.

tnt wrote 3 years ago: 1

@gazza911 wrote:
Ah, that is very coincidental then.

it is sometimes happening with approving the requests.

at least a warning should be given if the show with the exact same name, network and country already exist.

@tnt wrote:
it is sometimes happening with approving the requests.

at least a warning should be given if the show with the exact same name, network and country already exist.

It does prevent you from approving a request that has already been approved, so that's probably a race condition. That means it might be possible to fix it.

(Rejecting, then later approving a request is fine though)

@gazza911 wrote:
It does prevent you from approving the same request twice. So that's probably a race condition, which it might be possible to fix.

(Rejecting, then later approving is fine though)

not the same request, but a request for the same show from another user.

There's potentially legitimate times to add same title & network. 

Take for example Doctor Who classic & reboot. 

Both named 'Doctor Who' and on BBC One.

So like you said: a warning (as opposed to preventing) is probably better. 

yes, the warning will suffice

Just a thought. Did one of you use "Request a Show" then the other just create the show? I, usually, try to remember to use request when creating a new show ... just like the search function plus, I think, other thing(s) available using request.

@SilverSurfer wrote:
Just a thought. Did one of you use "Request a Show" then the other just create the show? I, usually, try to remember to use request when creating a new show ... just like the search function plus, I think, other thing(s) available using request.

No, we both just created the show.
I'm not following, what's the point of using a request form if I can just add the show?

@tnt wrote:
No, we both just created the show.
I'm not following, what's the point of using a request form if I can just add the show?

Probably just a quirk of mine but I found I like to do it that way ... it's been so long I can't remember exactly what I found to be better but there was some issue doing it this way solved ... at least for me and/or in my mind.

Try 30 days of free premium.