Try 30 days of free premium.

wrong episode number on b&b

Greatdaysfan wrote 2 years ago: 1

hi. your list of B&B episode numbers is wrong because April 15 2021 Ep. 8496 aired and there was no b&b episode on April 19 2021 and today APRIL 26 202 EP. 8502. WAS AIRED so there is a miscount somewhere pls try find it and correct so everything becomes correct>>?

You sent Today at 4:41 PM

4:29 PM You sent Today at 4:29 PM hi. your list of B&B episode numbers is wrong because April 15 2021 Ep. 8496 aired and there was no b&b episode April 20 2021 and today was episode number 7502 aired 8502. so there is a miscount somewhere pls try find it and correct so everything becomes correct>>?

You sent Today at 4:42 PM

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2021/04/15/lawrence-saint-victor-pens-an-episode-of-bold-and-beautiful

You sent Today at 4:45 PM

https://www.soapsindepth.com/posts/cbs/the-young-the-restless-and-the-bold-the-beautiful-preempted-on-april-19

You sent Today at 5:15 PM

also madea post on your page why didn't it go through

You sent Today at 5:15 PM

?

JuanArango wrote 2 years ago: 1

We do not have an episode listed on April 19th , so we are correct there, for the numbers, do you have an official source?

yes here you can see the that episode 8496 was aired April 15 2021 which makes today's episode 8503.

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2021/04/15/lawrence-saint-victor-pens-an-episode-of-bold-and-beautiful

So as you can see above I'm right and today's episode number is 8503 so ols change episode numbers so correct and fix the miscount wherever it is.

gazza911 wrote 2 years ago: 1

This is just a news article, with no citations, do you have a more official source, like an official episode guide or press release?

CAN YOU PLS CHANGE THE episode numbers now?

TomSouthwell wrote 2 years ago: 1

@Greatdaysfan wrote:

Demanding things get changed won't make it get done any quicker, just in the same way that making multiple posts won't either. Have some patience and your request will be dealt with soon. 

tnt wrote 2 years ago: 1

@Greatdaysfan wrote:

CBS is not using those numbers on the official site. So unless you can provide a link to some official source which have a correlation between airdates and production codes, or at least tell us at which point our listing started deviating from the official order, there's nothing we can do. But we definitely won't be renaming just 1-2 random episodes in the middle of the list.

IF I get official confirmation in an email from CBS would that do?

@Greatdaysfan wrote:
IF I get official confirmation in an email from CBS would that do?

Yes, but again, we won't be fixing just one or two numbers. We need to know, at what point the numbers in our listing became incorrect, so we fix them all.

Also going through them to check where it is. will let you know when I KNOW.

jcar03 wrote 2 years ago: 1

It was indeed preempted on April 19th due to the Presidential news conference (https://www.soapcentral.com/bb/recaps/2021/210419.php).  Either myself or another people update/add B&B episodes.  I don't usually catch these preemptions until I'm adding cast members the following month.  As for the episode numbers, I'm not sure how we are off.  I'm not saying my numbering is correct either.  Things got really screwy last year with COVID messing up filming and some episodes being split into A and B sides on certain shows (like General Hospital took footage from one episode and added a bunch of flashbacks/filler to create two episodes and numbers them for example 15500A and 15500B).  This isn't an easy or simple fix for the daytime programs.

@jcar03 wrote:
As for the episode numbers, I'm not sure how we are off.  I'm not saying my numbering is correct either. 

Is there any place where those numbers are used, except the script covers? I couldn't find any mention of them at all.
And most importantly, do they really matter? :)
Also, why do we use years instead of seasons?

jcar03 wrote 2 years ago: 1

@tnt wrote:
Is there any place where those numbers are used, except the script covers? I couldn't find any mention of them at all.
And most importantly, do they really matter? :)
Also, why do we use years instead of seasons?

I guess there really is no episode title just the number.  As for the years/seasons, we HAD used seasons but it became a complete mess when people were trying to add episodes, from say 1985, and they couldn't figure out exact seasons so we decided to use years for the daily shows (I do believe we do the same for talk shows).  We had this conversation in another thread and agreed to the year over seasons for the soaps.

JuanArango wrote 2 years ago: 1

@jcar03 wrote:
I guess there really is no episode title just the number.  As for the years/seasons, we HAD used seasons but it became a complete mess when people were trying to add episodes, from say 1985, and they couldn't figure out exact seasons so we decided to use years for the daily shows (I do believe we do the same for talk shows).  We had this conversation in another thread and agreed to the year over seasons for the soaps.

yep, we agreed to that at some point :)

Try 30 days of free premium.