Try 30 days of free premium.

About Typographies... and a new picture category

blackcat2021 wrote 2 years ago: 1

I've uploaded a transparent PNG into the Typographies category of a show. (had only white content) The result was a big white square JPEG. (which I requested to be deleted, and it was)
Is there a way to preserve PNGs for Typographies (to preserve the transparency) and not convert them into JPEGs? (or you think this category is not that important)
Also, I've seen pictures with aspect ratio 1:1 in Posters category and in Unclassified category, as well... those should fit well in a new category Icons (for 1:1 aspect ratio pics)

tnt wrote 2 years ago: 1

@blackcat2021 wrote:
I've uploaded a transparent PNG into the Typographies category of a show. (had only white content) The result was a big white square JPEG. (which I requested to be deleted, and it was)
Is there a way to preserve PNGs for Typographies (to preserve the transparency) and not convert them into JPEGs? (or you think this category is not that important)

This is partially explained by Jan here https://www.tvmaze.com/threads/4053/kodi-data-provision-issues 

Also, I've seen pictures with aspect ratio 1:1 in Posters category and in Unclassified category, as well... those should fit well in a new category Icons (for 1:1 aspect ratio pics)

1:1 is a social media format, and there's no practical use for it in TV world. Sometimes those images are cropping nice into 2:3 aspect, sometimes not.
IMO it should be prohibited rather than put in a separate category.

david wrote 2 years ago: 1

We're considering adding support for transparent images in the future. All original uploads are stored, so if/when that time comes, we can re-process existing images and fix their transparency.

Try 30 days of free premium.