Try 30 days of free premium.

Episode picture resolution under the picture in Episode Guide :)

blackcat2021 wrote 2 years ago: 1

Hi, @david 

It takes a lot of clicks to get the info about the resolution of an episode picture. And doing this for a bunch of episodes... not the ideal experience. :)
The resolution of the episode picture under the picture frame in Episode Guide (for contributors only) would help a lot.

Also, I'm with @tnt @ the "Image upload improvement" idea from 2 months ago.

What are your thoughts about those ideas? :D

david wrote 2 years ago: 1

Hmm, I'm not super enthusiastic about the concept of adding information that's only visible to certain users... that just makes everything more confusing and harder to maintain. If we need this it should probably be on a different page, not sure where though.

What's the image upload improvement?

@david wrote:
Hmm, I'm not super enthusiastic about the concept of adding information that's only visible to certain users... that just makes everything more confusing and harder to maintain. If we need this it should probably be on a different page, not sure where though.

What's the image upload improvement?

Right. :) A different page will also be cool - A list of all the eps with - season # | ep # | ep name (linked to the ep page) | ep air-date | ep air-time | ep duration | ep summary yes/no | official summary yes/no |  ep picture yes/no | ep picture resolution if exists + edit link for the ep + gallery link for the ep

I think this kind of page would be very useful for easily tracking inconsistencies or missing info on a show.

This is the link for tnt idea https://www.tvmaze.com/threads/4676/image-upload-improvement 

I made a note to consider a data entry tool for episode data as you describe.

As for the "image upload improvement", it has been discussed a couple of times but we thought this would not be logical/intuitive for the average user.

@david wrote:
I made a note to consider a data entry tool for episode data as you describe.

As for the "image upload improvement", it has been discussed a couple of times but we thought this would not be logical/intuitive for the average user.

Thank you @david 

deleted wrote 2 years ago: 1

@david wrote:
Done! Check out https://www.tvmaze.com/dataentry/episodelist?show_id=2768 for example :)

(You can find the link under tools/data entry, if you have access (supporting contributor and higher))

But why only for supporting contributors and higher? This update could really help other contributors as well, as I assume that the most users are just on the contributor level. Well, at least the episode image resolution thing would be REALLY helpful!

@david wrote:
Done! Check out https://www.tvmaze.com/dataentry/episodelist?show_id=2768 for example :)

(You can find the link under tools/data entry, if you have access (supporting contributor and higher))

Great, thanks so much. Could you please add this option to the show page? (Show Info > View > Episode List )
Makes the access easier, instead of going to Data Entry and searching for each show...

Also, day of the week added to the list would help a lot in tracking possible mistakes.

@blackcat2021 wrote:
Great, thanks so much. Could you please add this option to the show page? (Show Info > View > Episode List )
Makes the access easier, instead of going to Data Entry and searching for each show...

I don't think that would be appropriate, considering this page is of no value to regular users.

@blackcat2021 wrote:
Also, day of the week added to the list would help a lot in tracking possible mistakes.

Done!

@Xiran21 wrote:
But why only for supporting contributors and higher? This update could really help other contributors as well, as I assume that the most users are just on the contributor level. Well, at least the episode image resolution thing would be REALLY helpful!

Fair enough. Most of the data entry tools are only accessible to Supporting Contributors or higher because it's easier to make mistakes with them. That doesn't apply here though, so I've opened this up to all users.

deleted wrote 2 years ago: 1

@david wrote:
Fair enough. Most of the data entry tools are only accessible to Supporting Contributors or higher because it's easier to make mistakes with them. That doesn't apply here though, so I've opened this up to all users.

Thanks but I don't think that normal contributors have access to the tools/data entry tab either..?

deleted wrote 2 years ago: 2

@david this feature is amazing but I am not sure how a normal contributor can navigate to this feature at all.

Nivekolsen wrote 2 years ago: 1

sorry to pile onto the questions here @david , but is there a way to add the resolution underneath the images in the gallery (main images and episode image gallery) as well? (e.g. here: https://imgur.com/a/t33kNzK ), would make it a lot easier to see if the main image added is full quality or bad, especially when there are like 20-30 images in the gallery.

Try 30 days of free premium.