Try 30 days of free premium.

Departure Season 2 is on 08/05/201but not on calendar here

AgentXLax wrote 2 years ago: 1

I just went through DuckieTV, Sonarr, Traktv, and did a search to verify that yes Departure season 2 will air 08/05/2021, but it is not showing on the calendar here.

JuanArango wrote 2 years ago: 2

@AgentXLax wrote:
I just went through DuckieTV, Sonarr, Traktv, and did a search to verify that yes Departure season 2 will air 08/05/2021, but it is not showing on the calendar here.

I changed it to peacock and added their premiere dates, you should see it now on your calendar :)

AgentXLax wrote 2 years ago: 1

Thanks for the quick fix and reply. Much appreciated.

JuanArango wrote 2 years ago: 2

@AgentXLax wrote:
Thanks for the quick fix and reply. Much appreciated.

Ok, here is the thing in a short explanation. We could not completely agree within staff what to do here. As the show is produced in Canada, we went with Canada as world premiere now (Global), for the US we have an alternate list with the Peacock dates listed.

Only downside is, the alternate list does not show in your calendar, sorry.

suemac wrote 2 years ago: 1

Can the original air dates be added? Appear blank now so not showing up on watchlist unless you are already on/in the show record. I've tried a new tag but seems without orig air dates it doesn't appear at all.

JuanArango wrote 2 years ago: 1

@suemac wrote:
Can the original air dates be added? Appear blank now so not showing up on watchlist unless you are already on/in the show record. I've tried a new tag but seems without orig air dates it doesn't appear at all.

Can you tell me the airdates for the broadcast on GLOBAL?

The only dates I can find is the Peacock TV date of August 5, 2021 for the whole 2nd season. The GlobalTV site has no dates but that might be cuz I'm in US. From the various news releases on thefutoncritic, I'm not even sure there were separate dates. I dunno, it's like the show totally moved to Peacock after season 1. Also looks like there's gonna be a season 3 on Peacock next year. This happens more and more, no?

kevin87 wrote 2 years ago: 1

@suemac wrote:
The only dates I can find is the Peacock TV date of August 5, 2021 for the whole 2nd season. The GlobalTV site has no dates but that might be cuz I'm in US. From the various news releases on thefutoncritic, I'm not even sure there were separate dates. I dunno, it's like the show totally moved to Peacock after season 1. Also looks like there's gonna be a season 3 on Peacock next year. This happens more and more, no?

TFC only covers American shows/network, so they wouldn't have Canadian listings for anything. For example, both Coroner and Nurses are Canadian shows but they didn't have it on their website until CW and NBC picked them up for US broadcast to pad out their empty schedules early this year. 

All I could find about Global's dates was it is airing "later this year" so I tried my Chrome proxy to see what Global's website says about episodes but it just says the "request cannot be satisfied" when I try to open the page. Though from what I understood, Universal's not producing it, it's produced by a Canadian studio for Global and Peacock just licenses it out for US broadcast the same way Netflix does with some of their British imports, so it's interesting that Peacock aired it so much in advance of the network that actually 'owns' it.

Went back to GlobalTV. Everything on the site is about season 1. None of the Season 2 additional cast. I see it has "new season coming soon" at the top. Perhaps that was put there during negotiations/before Peacock came in.

Looking at Archie Panjabi's posts seems to indicate only Peacock and 8/5/21. I found it interesting that twice she said it was/is "tucked away on" Global.

(Also looks like season 3 is in the works already). Director/Exec Prod TJ Scott tweed "Season 2 of DEPARTURE airs Aug 5th on NBC Peacock & Late Fall on Global." 

So, back to the air dates. "World Premier", if in fact defined as "the first regular performance (air date) anywhere in the world." Would be 8/5/21 for season 2. 

Again, this will happen more and more?  Can we put 8/5/21 in for season 2? It's almost like we need multiple networks for a show but that would certainly get ugly/be impossible. 

JuanArango wrote 2 years ago: 1

@suemac wrote:
Went back to GlobalTV. Everything on the site is about season 1. None of the Season 2 additional cast. I see it has "new season coming soon" at the top. Perhaps that was put there during negotiations/before Peacock came in.

Looking at Archie Panjabi's posts seems to indicate only Peacock and 8/5/21. I found it interesting that twice she said it was/is "tucked away on" Global.

(Also looks like season 3 is in the works already). Director/Exec Prod TJ Scott tweed "Season 2 of DEPARTURE airs Aug 5th on NBC Peacock & Late Fall on Global." 

So, back to the air dates. "World Premier", if in fact defined as "the first regular performance (air date) anywhere in the world." Would be 8/5/21 for season 2. 

Again, this will happen more and more?  Can we put 8/5/21 in for season 2? It's almost like we need multiple networks for a show but that would certainly get ugly/be impossible. 

@david could you state your opinion on this, I am not sure how we should proceed here. :)

kevin87 wrote 2 years ago: 1

@suemac wrote:

The world premiere is supposed to be who commissions the show or if the studio who owns it has their own network/service... like how Outcast was commissioned by Cinemax, but since Fox produced it and it aired on a Fox owned network in another country, it was set to that since it took the US over a year to finally air it. As it stands, it seems like Global is still who owns it as they picked the show up, but it's produced by an outside studio who is just licensing it to other countries to air there the same way Netflix will market a show as a Netflix original if they're just holding the country broadcast rights. The real question would be is Global still involved, or did it silently become a full Peacock/Universal original without fanfare?

david wrote 2 years ago: 1

Well...

However, if a show's owner is ambiguous - because it's co-produced by multiple entities - or if the ownership changes throughout its lifetime, the world premiere dates must be used.

.. it certainly sounds like the ownership of this show is ambiguous, so we'd fall back to world premiere dates.

(And in case the world premieres within a season would be spread over various sources:)

The source (a specific Network or a specific Web Channel) of episode airdates must be consistent within a season. If episodes within a season premiere on multiple sources, the source with the most amount of premieres wins.

david wrote 2 years ago: 2

The press release for the season 2 renewal (http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2020/09/11/departure-begins-production-on-season-two-archie-panjabi-and-christopher-plummer-to-return-71503/20200911redarrow01/) comes from "Red Arrow Studios", which is an independent studio not related to the Canadian "Global" network. They seem to simply license it to various networks in various countries. Peacock even calls it a "Peacock original" now. That means If a show has a single unambiguous owner throughout its lifetime doesn't apply and the world premiere dates should be used. 

Please apply the "airdate ownership" policy sparingly; it was created to deal with the case of shows that clearly belong to a US network for all intents and purposes, but somehow premiered on a Canadian network a few hours/days earlier. It wasn't meant to target this (recent) phenomenon of shows juggling between a new set of countries/networks/web channels every season. When in doubt, use the world premiere dates.

Try 30 days of free premium.