Try 30 days of free premium.

Possible to add guest starts more easily

Lightkeeper wrote 2 years ago: 1

Maybe I don't know how and it's already a feature, but like you can add main cast to each episode, it could be nice to be able to add guest cast to several episodes too. Now it seems like that we have to add a new page for the character even though it already exists for a previous episode. Am I missing something?

deleted wrote 2 years ago: 1

@Lightkeeper wrote:
Maybe I don't know how and it's already a feature, but like you can add main cast to each episode, it could be nice to be able to add guest cast to several episodes too. Now it seems like that we have to add a new page for the character even though it already exists for a previous episode. Am I missing something?

If an guest character did appear in a previous episode, all you need to do is to add the actor's name and the guest character should automatically be recognized and show up, but guest actors do not appear as frequent as main characters, so the structure we currently have for main cast would not work for guest as the list would be so tremendous long with all cast that did appear once or just a few times.

Lightkeeper wrote 2 years ago: 1

@Thomas wrote:
If an guest character did appear in a previous episode, all you need to do is to add the actor's name and the guest character should automatically be recognized and show up, but guest actors do not appear as frequent as main characters, so the structure we currently have for main cast would not work for guest as the list would be so tremendous long with all cast that did appear once or just a few times.

I understand. And thank for that reply. But maybe make it possible to also add character (and then it would add the actor's name)?

deleted wrote 2 years ago: 1

@Lightkeeper wrote:
I understand. And thank for that reply. But maybe make it possible to also add character (and then it would add the actor's name)?

For many cases it would be quicker to add them indeed, but what if that character happens to be played by multiple actors throughout the years? How would our system differentiate that and who would be the correct actor for that episode? 

Unfortunately it does require some more work for us to add them, but it's also a good thing for our users to actually verify whether actors were actually in the episode itself.

kevin87 wrote 2 years ago: 2

@Thomas wrote:
For many cases it would be quicker to add them indeed, but what if that character happens to be played by multiple actors throughout the years? How would our system differentiate that and who would be the correct actor for that episode? 

Wouldn't it just do the same as when an actor plays different characters? When that happens, you have to manually type in the character and then select it, so the same could be done in reverse and have to manually type in the actor name and choose it. 

deleted wrote 2 years ago: 2

@kevin87 wrote:
Wouldn't it just do the same as when an actor plays different characters? When that happens, you have to manually type in the character and then select it, so the same could be done in reverse and have to manually type in the actor name and choose it. 

I understand your point of view, however it doesn't work as flawless as you may have thought. What if a character that has been previously played by Actor 1 is suddenly replaced by another actor from that episode on? The system would automatically assign that role to the previous character and many would not catch that error unless they know the actual actors name? Also if you add a new character without any specific actor tied to it, you are still required to know the actor by name. If you add the actor first, you have clear evidence he or she is seen in the credits or in the actual episode.

Try 30 days of free premium.