Try 30 days of free premium.

The relation should be created on the oldest of the two shows

dpratt wrote 2 years ago: 1

What I'm trying to do is add a show relation between A Loud House Christmas: Behind the Scenes and the new Loud House live action series slated to premiere in the fall with the same cast members. Even though  A Loud House Christmas: Behind the Scenes premiered first the show relation should go the other way because it's just a behind the scenes show.

When I do it to the older of the two shows I get "These two shows are already related indirectly"

kevin87 wrote 2 years ago: 1

I ran into this with Spidey and His Amazing Friends and the shorts. The shorts premiered before the actual show did, but the shorts should be a serial special of the main show. What I did was change the date of the first episode of the shorts to one after the date of the first normal episode and it let me put the relation in the correct order. It's not an ideal situation and shouldn't come up all that often, but it was the only option (for now).

david wrote 2 years ago: 1

Heh, that's an interesting problem, I'm not sure what to do with it. I could remove the validation, but I'm afraid that would cause a lot of issues with people inadvertently adding the relation to the wrong show.

david wrote a year ago: 1

OK, we decided to tackle this as follows: Curating Contributors now have the option to override this particular check. In the rare case anyone else needs to handle a scenario like this, please request the relation to be added in Edit Requests.

Try 30 days of free premium.