Try 30 days of free premium.

Tash's Kitchen

tash845 wrote a year ago: 2

Brit, yes I really like dill in chicken and egg salad.  Use Greek yogurt when I make grilled chicken to dip my chicken in.  I cut up peeled cucumber in small pieces, lite olive oil, kosher salt. I’ve used this also when making broiled fish instead of tartar sauce.  My hubs loves black pepper so much!  

Romeo53 wrote a year ago: 1

@tash845 wrote:
@gedmen  @theprisoner6  @Romeo53  Romeo, I cannot find the recipe for your delicious shortbread. I renovated the kitchen completely and really am looking forward to baking. Leaving the early risers (once again) the usual beverages: coffee, herbal teas, cocoa, almond milk, juices. This is the biggest kitchen I’ve ever had and my tuxedo cat loves it. 

I moved as well and lost the recipe havn't had it for a long time now 

maybe @gedmen or the @theprisoner6 might still have a copie

tannu19241 wrote a year ago: 1

@theprisoner6 wrote:
His shortbread is awesome! 

https://www.tvmaze.com/users/236807/vicky1029

BritMystery wrote a year ago: 1

@tash845 wrote:
Brit, yes I really like dill in chicken and egg salad.  Use Greek yogurt when I make grilled chicken to dip my chicken in.  I cut up peeled cucumber in small pieces, lite olive oil, kosher salt. I’ve used this also when making broiled fish instead of tartar sauce.  My hubs loves black pepper so much!  

Tash, I am going to make your Greek yogurt dip - sounds delicious. I might even add some dill to that. 

tash845 wrote a year ago: 1

@Romeo53 wrote:

Thank you Romeo! 

@BritMystery wrote:
Tash, I am going to make your Greek yogurt dip - sounds delicious. I might even add some dill to that. 

Brit, try this classic tzatziki sauce/dip. I make this sauce (dip) on the side with chicken souvlaki. I make it with: Plain Greek yogurt and add in chopped-up peeled cucumber (the cucumber is a bit watery, I just drain it using a bowl and a flat plate over it), olive oil, dill (dried is fine) salt, a bit of lemon juice, a little garlic chopped up or you can use garlic powder. Blend all ingredients in a bowl. Let it rest for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator so the flavors come together.  I have used this on warmed pita bread with romaine lettuce/sliced tomatoes 🍅 for lunch and it’s delicious. It’s great with a plate of chopped up fresh vegetables, pita bread wedges, olives, and I use it with my salad. 

@tash845 wrote:
Brit, try this classic tzatziki sauce/dip. I make this sauce (dip) on the side with chicken souvlaki. I make it with: Plain Greek yogurt and add in chopped-up peeled cucumber (the cucumber is a bit watery, I just drain it using a bowl and a flat plate over it), olive oil, dill (dried is fine) salt, a bit of lemon juice, a little garlic chopped up or you can use garlic powder. Blend all ingredients in a bowl. Let it rest for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator so the flavors come together.  I have used this on warmed pita bread with romaine lettuce/sliced tomatoes 🍅 for lunch and it’s delicious. It’s great with a plate of chopped up fresh vegetables, pita bread wedges, olives, and I use it with my salad. 

Tash, I made this for dinner tonight. First I made the tzatziki sauce and marinaded some chicken tenders.  I like my chicken very well seasoned so I used O/O, minced garlic, fresh thyme, a dash of dried Italian herbs and salt/pepper. (I know... even though it was going to be served with the sauce - chicken never really absorbs a lot of flavor, so I didn't think it would compete and it didn't, the dill in the sauce was still the prominent herb). 

I grilled some onions and then the chicken and while they were grilling, lightly dressed lettuce with O/O, vinegar, salt/pepper - just enough to give the lettuce some flavor.  I decided to put everything on a large platter in sections.... chicken, grilled onions, cherry tomatoes, the lettuce, and even added some kalamata olives. I put the tzatziki sauce over the chicken and the tomatoes on the platter and served it with grilled pita bread and extra tzatziki on the side.

What a hit! The Hubs loved it. He suggested we add this to our "go to's" for summer entertaining. I agree, it's fresh, light and delicious. And... people can eat it anyway they like, either sandwich style - or not - and eat the bread along with (dipped in tzatziki sauce). 

Thanks so much for the recipe. Definitely two thumbs-up.

@BritMystery wrote:

Tash, I made this for dinner tonight. First I made the tzatziki sauce and marinaded some chicken tenders.  I like my chicken very well seasoned so I used O/O, minced garlic, fresh thyme, a dash of dried Italian herbs and salt/pepper. (I know... even though it was going to be served with the sauce - chicken never really absorbs a lot of flavor, so I didn't think it would compete and it didn't, the dill in the sauce was still the prominent herb). 

I grilled some onions and then the chicken and while they were grilling, lightly dressed lettuce with O/O, vinegar, salt/pepper - just enough to give the lettuce some flavor.  I decided to put everything on a large platter in sections.... chicken, grilled onions, cherry tomatoes, the lettuce, and even added some kalamata olives. I put the tzatziki sauce over the chicken and the tomatoes on the platter and served it with grilled pita bread and extra tzatziki on the side.

What a hit! The Hubs loved it. He suggested we add this to our "go to's" for summer entertaining. I agree, it's fresh, light and delicious. And... people can eat it anyway they like, either sandwich style - or not - and eat the bread along with (dipped in tzatziki sauce). 

Thanks so much for the recipe. Definitely two thumbs-up.

You‘re welcome, I’m so happy that you enjoyed your meal! I eat a lot  of chicken and this is one of my favorites. X

gedmen wrote a year ago: 1

@Romeo53 wrote:

I searched my email, the elusive shortbread recipe will have to remain so, sorry.

@gedmen wrote:
I searched my email, the elusive shortbread recipe will have to remain so, sorry.

Ged, it’s ok, thanks for looking. Do you like potatoes? We know of your loathing of cheese, but what about potato? I’ve got a fast and delicious recipe for yummy potato. I had lots to do today in the kitchen so I made a quick lunch and the potato was the star. 

@BritMystery  Brit, do you use an air fryer? The hubs and I were gifted a very nice one. We made chicken in it … I’ve always roasted my chicken (it’s my favorite meal) and the air fryer is quick.  Looks like I’m an old fashioned girl but I admit to loving the  tantalizing aroma when food cooks in the oven. Oh well. 

theprisoner6 wrote a year ago: 1

@gedmen wrote:

OK, now showing (courtesy of Romeo), the Elusive Shortbread Recipe (cue Monty Python theme music):

Consume 4 shots of brandy and pack one bowl…no, wait…wrong recipe. Ah, here it is:

1/2 pound of butter (1 cup), 4 ounces powdered sugar (8 tablespoons), 8 ounces all purpose flour (16 tablespoons), 4 ounces corn flour (8 tablespoons).

Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat at a slow to medium speed until well combined. Spread into a greased pan and cut into squares. Bake for 45 minutes at 330 degrees. Sprinkle with granular sugar upon removal from the oven (optional). Re-cut squares immediately. Try not to consume all of it in one sitting.

@theprisoner6 wrote:
OK, now showing (courtesy of Romeo), the Elusive Shortbread Recipe (cue Monty Python theme music):

Consume 4 shots of brandy and pack one bowl…no, wait…wrong recipe. Ah, here it is:

1/2 pound of butter (1 cup), 4 ounces powdered sugar (8 tablespoons), 8 ounces all purpose flour (16 tablespoons), 4 ounces corn flour (8 tablespoons).

Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat at a slow to medium speed until well combined. Spread into a greased pan and cut into squares. Bake for 45 minutes at 330 degrees. Sprinkle with granular sugar upon removal from the oven (optional). Re-cut squares immediately. Try not to consume all of it in one sitting.

@theprisoner6 You just reminded me, I have to add to my shopping list:  Brandy to add to cake for flavor, to add to coffee … just because.  Y A Y for the shortbread recipe! Thanks so much, glad you found it. 

gedmen wrote a year ago: 2

@theprisoner6 wrote:

I consumateded the 4 shots of bandy hic! I'm having drouble redding the rest hic!

@gedmen wrote:
I consumateded the 4 shots of bandy hic! I'm having drouble redding the rest hic!

@gedmen wrote:

@gedmen @theprisoner6  oh my, red face 😳 I who hardly ever drink. Eating a tasty lunch: omelette w/green beans folded in, small green salad, rye toast with tarragon sprinkled and of course the ever present mug of tea. Lovely sunny day 50 degrees here in NY. Happy Valentine’s Day! 💌 

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 1

@tash845 wrote:
@gedmen @theprisoner6  oh my, red face 😳 I who hardly ever drink. Eating a tasty lunch: omelette w/green beans folded in, small green salad, rye toast with tarragon sprinkled and of course the ever present mug of tea. Lovely sunny day 50 degrees here in NY. Happy Valentine’s Day! 💌 

I shall eat rice with chicken and chinese vegetables in a bit :)

@tash845 wrote:
@BritMystery  Brit, do you use an air fryer? The hubs and I were gifted a very nice one. We made chicken in it … I’ve always roasted my chicken (it’s my favorite meal) and the air fryer is quick.  Looks like I’m an old fashioned girl but I admit to loving the  tantalizing aroma when food cooks in the oven. Oh well. 

No, I don't Tash, but I have toyed with the idea of getting one. I am afraid I won't use it much other than the occasional Ore-Ida crispy fry that I love but make only twice a year. I have very limited space left in my cupboards - I am full to the brim. 

Now, if I was gifted one, I then would have no excuse but to give it a good try out and have to rearrange my kitchen to find a place for it. No guilt since I didn't actively bring it in to my space! I bet it is great when you need to pull a meal together fast and want some crispy food. I wonder how it would work with chicken cutlets? If you try them let me know. I love a good chicken cutlet, thin and fried in O/O for taste (actually, I rarely use anything else for cooking), but I am getting tired of making them on the stove and cleaning up the mess. 

I am replacing my range and the new one I have selected has an air fry feature, which I think is an off shoot of the convection feature. It will be interesting to see how much I use it.  I have read though that it is great for making pizza. I'll have to wait to find out, the oven is on backorder for several more months.

@JuanArango wrote:
I shall eat rice with chicken and chinese vegetables in a bit :)

Hope you enjoyed your meal. 

Try 30 days of free premium.