Try 30 days of free premium.

Tash's Kitchen

tash845 wrote a year ago: 1

@BritMystery wrote:
No, I don't Tash, but I have toyed with the idea of getting one. I am afraid I won't use it much other than the occasional Ore-Ida crispy fry that I love but make only twice a year. I have very limited space left in my cupboards - I am full to the brim. 

Now, if I was gifted one, I then would have no excuse but to give it a good try out and have to rearrange my kitchen to find a place for it. No guilt since I didn't actively bring it in to my space! I bet it is great when you need to pull a meal together fast and want some crispy food. I wonder how it would work with chicken cutlets? If you try them let me know. I love a good chicken cutlet, thin and fried in O/O for taste (actually, I rarely use anything else for cooking), but I am getting tired of making them on the stove and cleaning up the mess. 

I am replacing my range and the new one I have selected has an air fry feature, which I think is an off shoot of the convection feature. It will be interesting to see how much I use it.  I have read though that it is great for making pizza. I'll have to wait to find out, the oven is on backorder for several more months.

Brit, I also have no space left in my cupboards and countertop. The air fryer is large, weighs 10 lbs and is sitting in a corner in the dining room. We made chicken cutlets the other day (no breading) they were frozen and I brushed on extra light olive oil, paprika, Italian seasoning/salt. In our brand of air fryer cooking spray cannot be used at all, just brushing on oil. They were very thin and cooked for about 3.5 minutes on one side and then turned them over and cooked for another 3.5 minutes. They come out very moist. Tomorrow, the cutlets will be defrosted completely and will be seasoned/breaded and we will want them crispy and cook them for more time. I only use o/o when cooking also. The model we were gifted has many functions such as dehydrating, roasting, baking and we will try them out too. 
I used to make my breaded cutlets fried on the stove and yes, it always got messy … so I have made them for years in the oven. Same recipe, 350 degree oven, just put them on a sheet of foil that you spray with a little cooking spray, cook for around 16 minutes and turned over half way through. No mess at all! Give it a try. 

Romeo53 wrote a year ago: 1

@gedmen wrote:
I searched my email, the elusive shortbread recipe will have to remain so, sorry.

I will keep searching might find it somewhere

theprisoner6 wrote a year ago: 2

@Romeo53 wrote:
I will keep searching might find it somewhere

I already posted your recipe, Romeo. People can now have a healthier lifestyle because of you.

BritMystery wrote a year ago: 1

@tash845 wrote:
Brit, I also have no space left in my cupboards and countertop. The air fryer is large, weighs 10 lbs and is sitting in a corner in the dining room. We made chicken cutlets the other day (no breading) they were frozen and I brushed on extra light olive oil, paprika, Italian seasoning/salt. In our brand of air fryer cooking spray cannot be used at all, just brushing on oil. They were very thin and cooked for about 3.5 minutes on one side and then turned them over and cooked for another 3.5 minutes. They come out very moist. Tomorrow, the cutlets will be defrosted completely and will be seasoned/breaded and we will want them crispy and cook them for more time. I only use o/o when cooking also. The model we were gifted has many functions such as dehydrating, roasting, baking and we will try them out too. 
I used to make my breaded cutlets fried on the stove and yes, it always got messy … so I have made them for years in the oven. Same recipe, 350 degree oven, just put them on a sheet of foil that you spray with a little cooking spray, cook for around 16 minutes and turned over half way through. No mess at all! Give it a try. 

I will, Tash! Very interested to know how the breaded cutlets come out in the air fryer as when I get my new range (if ever) I can use this feature in the oven.

@BritMystery wrote:
I will, Tash! Very interested to know how the breaded cutlets come out in the air fryer as when I get my new range (if ever) I can use this feature in the oven.

Brit, they came out good, crispy. It’s a learning process for sure. 

@blackcat2021 wrote:
any chicken in the kitchen? :)

Hey, blackcat2021, Yes, I just made breaded chicken and there’s plenty. Would you like it on fresh Italian bread with shredded lettuce or in a plate??  There was too much to make it in the air fryer so I roasted it and the aroma was making me very h u n g r y. 

blackcat2021 wrote a year ago: 1

@tash845 wrote:
Hey, blackcat2021, Yes, I just made breaded chicken and there’s plenty. Would you like it on fresh Italian bread with shredded lettuce or in a plate??  There was too much to make it in the air fryer so I roasted it and the aroma was making me very h u n g r y. 

I'll take the chicken, the italian bread and lettuce to @JuanArango :)

@blackcat2021 wrote:
I'll take the chicken, the italian bread and lettuce to @JuanArango :)

Oh, I’m sorry BlackCat but ya’ gotta come to the kitchen. It’s been very busy here with getting the kitchen up and running again. There’s a separate room off my kitchen for our dogs/cats and they are getting along quite nicely, while we eat.  There’s a lovely large dog who is the sweetest and has my cat following him everywhere. 

@tash845 , I saw a recipe on Instagram that included a sauce that was essentially the tzatziki dip/sauce that you gave me above (they didn't call it that, but that is what it was) and they added a good amount of crumbled feta to it. I thought, that sounds good - so I bought a container of crumbled feta (I usually prefer to buy a block, but this seemed easier) made the sauce and added about three quarters of the container (maybe a bit less) to it. It is a chunky dip/sauce with the additional tang of the feta. I added a bit more garlic, red pepper and fresh dill to compensate for the added feta - it needed it. OMG, I am addicted. I eat it plain (it is that good) or have some Tarallini crackers with it. It has become my go to lunch/snack. 

theprisoner6 wrote a year ago: 1

Sneaking around the kitchen looking for some Quik to make hot chocolate.

@BritMystery wrote:

@tash845 , I saw a recipe on Instagram that included a sauce that was essentially the tzatziki dip/sauce that you gave me above (they didn't call it that, but that is what it was) and they added a good amount of crumbled feta to it. I thought, that sounds good - so I bought a container of crumbled feta (I usually prefer to buy a block, but this seemed easier) made the sauce and added about three quarters of the container (maybe a bit less) to it. It is a chunky dip/sauce with the additional tang of the feta. I added a bit more garlic, red pepper and fresh dill to compensate for the added feta - it needed it. OMG, I am addicted. I eat it plain (it is that good) or have some Tarallini crackers with it. It has become my go to lunch/snack. 

Brit, I did become addicted to the tzatziki sauce and used it on everything! lol  Chicken, fish, veggies, etc. I have added feta to the Greek yogurt but decided to just eat it on the side.  I’m on a dill kick once again … used a ton of it today in chicken soup. 

@theprisoner6 wrote:
Sneaking around the kitchen looking for some Quik to make hot chocolate.

Hey p6, there’s a large container of it in the cabinet next to the refrigerator. I installed a large Keurig to make boiled water really fast for tea and hot cocoa. Ice cream in the freezer, just the standard flavors. What should I order?  Move? 

theprisoner6 wrote a year ago: 1

@tash845 wrote:
Hey p6, there’s a large container of it in the cabinet next to the refrigerator. I installed a large Keurig to make boiled water really fast for tea and hot cocoa. Ice cream in the freezer, just the standard flavors. What should I order?  Move? 

Just some loose leaf tea as opposed to tea bags. Oh, and some Tim Hortons coffee.

@theprisoner6 wrote:
Just some loose leaf tea as opposed to tea bags. Oh, and some Tim Hortons coffee.

Done ✔️

@tash845 wrote:
Brit, I did become addicted to the tzatziki sauce and used it on everything! lol  Chicken, fish, veggies, etc. I have added feta to the Greek yogurt but decided to just eat it on the side.  I’m on a dill kick once again … used a ton of it today in chicken soup. 

Tash, I follow the queen of dill, Alison Roman on Instagram and YT... when you mentioned a ton of dill in your chicken soup I instantly thought of her as she makes her's that way. She has a great perspective on cooking, I would call it bold, both the way she approaches food and the way she seasons it. 

tash845 wrote a year ago: 2

@BritMystery wrote:
Tash, I follow the queen of dill, Alison Roman on Instagram and YT... when you mentioned a ton of dill in your chicken soup I instantly thought of her as she makes her's that way. She has a great perspective on cooking, I would call it bold, both the way she approaches food and the way she seasons it. 

Brit, I’m familiar with Alison Roman. I get her newsletter watch her on YT, have her cookbook, Nothing Fancy. Really like her! 👩‍🍳 

gedmen wrote a year ago: 1

@tash845 Is there any kopi Luwak for the kitchen newbies?

Try 30 days of free premium.