Try 30 days of free premium.

Tash's Kitchen

tash845 wrote a year ago: 1

@gedmen wrote:
@tash845 Is there any kopi Luwak for the kitchen newbies?

Hi Ged! Absolutely, served with cream/sugar in a large mug piping hot.

Ged, ever made a mug cake? 

@BritMystery wrote:
No, I don't Tash, but I have toyed with the idea of getting one. I am afraid I won't use it much other than the occasional Ore-Ida crispy fry that I love but make only twice a year. I have very limited space left in my cupboards - I am full to the brim. 

Now, if I was gifted one, I then would have no excuse but to give it a good try out and have to rearrange my kitchen to find a place for it. No guilt since I didn't actively bring it in to my space! I bet it is great when you need to pull a meal together fast and want some crispy food. I wonder how it would work with chicken cutlets? If you try them let me know. I love a good chicken cutlet, thin and fried in O/O for taste (actually, I rarely use anything else for cooking), but I am getting tired of making them on the stove and cleaning up the mess. 

I am replacing my range and the new one I have selected has an air fry feature, which I think is an off shoot of the convection feature. It will be interesting to see how much I use it.  I have read though that it is great for making pizza. I'll have to wait to find out, the oven is on backorder for several more months.

@BritMystery Hello Brit! Do you use Las Hermanas sweet smoked paprika? If you have not, I recommend you try it. I used it in a beef stew for my hubs, in potato salad, in an omelette, scrambled eggs, fish. The taste is not hot and so much tastier then regular paprika. 

gedmen wrote a year ago: 1

@tash845 wrote:
Hi Ged! Absolutely, served with cream/sugar in a large mug piping hot.

Ged, ever made a mug cake? 

I've never even heard of a mug cake!

BritMystery wrote a year ago: 1

@tash845 wrote:
@BritMystery Hello Brit! Do you use Las Hermanas sweet smoked paprika? If you have not, I recommend you try it. I used it in a beef stew for my hubs, in potato salad, in an omelette, scrambled eggs, fish. The taste is not hot and so much tastier then regular paprika. 

I don't, but I will find where I can buy it and give it a try! Thanks for letting me know... I am always looking for that extra little something to add flavor.

tash845 wrote a year ago: 2

@BritMystery, you can buy it at Amazon. 

@gedmen wrote:
I've never even heard of a mug cake!

Ged, I don’t buy cake, (sometimes I bake something) but, when I want a small sweet, I make a mug cake. It’s made in a large mug, quick, yummy and easy. Look it up in google, vanilla mug cake. 

theprisoner6 wrote 4 months ago: 1

Hey tash,

Is the kitchen open on Christmas eve?

Try 30 days of free premium.