Try 30 days of free premium.

Disney+

kevin87 wrote a year ago: 1

@TomSouthwell wrote:
@kevin87 'can you check if this show is set correctly please?

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/67952/pj-masks-power-heroes

Since it's not produced by Disney, they don't include it in their press release for broadcast times but going off Wikipedia, it seems like they haven't all aired yet so they released the same batch of episodes on Disney+ and DisneyNOW at the same time on April 19th (https://press.disneyplus.com/news/next-on-disney-plus-april-2023). 

Weirdly though, Disney+ has 7 episodes instead of 6 because they split the 47 minute first episode into 2 episodes (with 2 segments each) and they have their own intro and end credits and episode split where the episode title shows (Heroes Everywhere Part II) on screen while DisneyNOW just has the full 47 minute version without the splits or the extra credits.

TomSouthwell wrote a year ago: 1

@kevin87 wrote:
Since it's not produced by Disney, they don't include it in their press release for broadcast times but going off Wikipedia, it seems like they haven't all aired yet so they released the same batch of episodes on Disney+ and DisneyNOW at the same time on April 19th (https://press.disneyplus.com/news/next-on-disney-plus-april-2023). 

Weirdly though, Disney+ has 7 episodes instead of 6 because they split the 47 minute first episode into 2 episodes (with 2 segments each) and they have their own intro and end credits and episode split where the episode title shows (Heroes Everywhere Part II) on screen while DisneyNOW just has the full 47 minute version without the splits or the extra credits.

It's not released internationally yet on Disney+, so we should go with DisneyNOW right? Can you make the changes to the episodes please (if needed) if I change the network now. 

kevin87 wrote a year ago: 2

@TomSouthwell wrote:
It's not released internationally yet on Disney+, so we should go with DisneyNOW right? Can you make the changes to the episodes please (if needed) if I change the network now. 

Everything looks correct already for DisneyNOW, except for the (1) and (2) parts of the last episodes. I can add the descriptions and times later when I have more time.

kevin87 wrote 10 months ago: 1

Was adding July's Disney schedule for their shows and noticed that Pretty Freekin' Scary is set to Disney+ because the first 7 episodes were added a day after the first episode aired. They were also added to DisneyNow at the same time... but the next 7 episodes won't be on D+ until July 26th. Since 7 were added at once on the both streaming sites, Disney Channel shouldn't be world premiere, but should we change it to DisneyNow since 5 episodes will premiere on TV and theoretically be added to DisneyNow the same day or day after, so Disney+ wouldn't be the premiere the majority, DisneyNow would.

JuanArango wrote 10 months ago: 1

@kevin87 wrote:
Was adding July's Disney schedule for their shows and noticed that Pretty Freekin' Scary is set to Disney+ because the first 7 episodes were added a day after the first episode aired. They were also added to DisneyNow at the same time... but the next 7 episodes won't be on D+ until July 26th. Since 7 were added at once on the both streaming sites, Disney Channel shouldn't be world premiere, but should we change it to DisneyNow since 5 episodes will premiere on TV and theoretically be added to DisneyNow the same day or day after, so Disney+ wouldn't be the premiere the majority, DisneyNow would.

yes :)

dpratt wrote 10 months ago: 1

@JuanArango wrote:
yes :)

I agree. With Disney shows you should always anticipate which network will premiere the most episodes and use that one. And we've seen time and time again that DisneyNow is usually the winner. Season 1 consists of 20 episodes we already know that 12/14 of those premiere on DisneyNow before July 26th which means 9/14 premiere on Disney+. But Disney+ could still catch up if it premieres 5 or more of the remaining 6 episodes before DisneyNow so we should keep an eye out for that.

kevin87 wrote 10 months ago: 1

@dpratt wrote:
I agree. With Disney shows you should always anticipate which network will premiere the most episodes and use that one. And we've seen time and time again that DisneyNow is usually the winner. Season 1 consists of 20 episodes we already know that 12/14 of those premiere on DisneyNow before July 26th which means 9/14 premiere on Disney+. But Disney+ could still catch up if it premieres 5 or more of the remaining 6 episodes before DisneyNow so we should keep an eye out for that.

When D+ does a batch, DisneyNow typically does it too though, on top of the ones that released day of broadcast, so DN would still probably be the most premieres.

kevin87 wrote 9 months ago: 1

@TomSouthwell wrote:
Just checking here @kevin87 or @dpratt 

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/57070/pupstruction

Is this definitely not premiering on a web based service first and do we know why the runtime are iffy? 

I don't have any young family members that follow it so I hadn't checked, basically just added any episodes on auto-pilot when I was updating for Disney's monthly schedule. Does seem like the first 8 episodes (16 segments) were batch-released on the web services on June 14th though. As for the runtimes, Disney doesn't always air in strict 30-minute timeslots, for example episode 1 and 2 (TVMaze episodes 1-4) aired from 8:00-8:25 and from 8:25-8:55, according to Disney's June dates, so I had to split them best possible

I'll keep a watch over when future episodes to check if they ever batch-release any more.

dpratt wrote 9 months ago: 1

@kevin87 wrote:
I don't have any young family members that follow it so I hadn't checked, basically just added any episodes on auto-pilot when I was updating for Disney's monthly schedule. Does seem like the first 8 episodes (16 segments) were batch-released on the web services on June 14th though. As for the runtimes, Disney doesn't always air in strict 30-minute timeslots, for example episode 1 and 2 (TVMaze episodes 1-4) aired from 8:00-8:25 and from 8:25-8:55, according to Disney's June dates, so I had to split them best possible

I'll keep a watch over when future episodes to check if they ever batch-release any more.

The first 8 episodes (16 segments) indeed were released on June 14th which would mean that this show premieres on DisneyNow not on Disney Channel.

When not released early, episodes premiere on DisneyNow the same day they premiere on Disney Channel so we can use the Disney Channel air dates for the remaining air dates.

TomSouthwell wrote 9 months ago: 1

@kevin87 or @dpratt any idea what dates we should be using for Kiya & the Kimoja Heroes please and also can Hailey's on It be checked out too. Thanks :) 

TomSouthwell wrote 9 months ago: 1

Press release for Alice's Wonderland Bakery also says a number of episodes were batch released - does this need changing too? 

dpratt wrote 9 months ago: 1

@TomSouthwell wrote:
Press release for Alice's Wonderland Bakery also says a number of episodes were batch released - does this need changing too? 

I don't have time right now to confirm but I always use DisneyNow for Disney Junior shows until proven otherwise because they have a history of always premiering more episodes on DisneyNow than on Disney Junior.

This is also often the case for first-season Disney Channel shows simply because the series premiere is usually available early on DisneyNow for new shows. Shows in their second season and up don't follow the same pattern.

kevin87 wrote 9 months ago: 1

@dpratt wrote:
I don't have time right now to confirm but I always use DisneyNow for Disney Junior shows until proven otherwise because they have a history of always premiering more episodes on DisneyNow than on Disney Junior.

This is also often the case for first-season Disney Channel shows simply because the series premiere is usually available early on DisneyNow for new shows. Shows in their second season and up don't follow the same pattern.

It also doesn't help that Disney promotes a show as Disney Junior but then premieres episodes either on DJ or on the Disney Junior programming block on Disney Channel with no rhyme or reason, just whenever they feel like it... Might be better just have everything Disney as DisneyNow unless it's one of shows that doesn't premiere on DN until the day after. I know there's even been a few Raven's Home episodes that were batch released this season, so it's not just first season shows. 

As far as the others, if there's batch episodes for them, then I'd say just switch to DisneyNow since the episodes 99% of the time premiered on it around 2 or 3 am eastern time before airing hours later on TV. Seems like the first episode/2 segments of Hailey's On It! were released when it premiered and the next 5/10 were released the next day. After that, it's followed the broadcast schedule. Alice's Wonderland Bakery has released multiple batches throughout both seasons apparently.

Try 30 days of free premium.