Try 30 days of free premium.

Language filter on main Shows page, QUESTION

suemac wrote a year ago: 1

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows

One of the filters on this pages is for 'Language'.  I've seen German, Swedish, French, etc but not 'English'. so English is the default then?

@LadyShelley wrote:
Engish is on the list. 

Boy did I mess that up!  I meant to say that on individual show pages SHOW INFO box I've seen German, Swedish, French, etc but not 'English'. I know the language is a field - its' on the show editing page. So -  the Show info box only displays the language if it is other than English? Correct?

LadyShelley wrote a year ago: 1

@suemac wrote:
Boy did I mess that up!  I meant to say that on individual show pages SHOW INFO box I've seen German, Swedish, French, etc but not 'English'. I know the language is a field - its' on the show editing page. So -  the Show info box only displays the language if it is other than English? Correct?

You mean the box on the main page? Not sure why English isn't listed there @david @Jan any input?  

david wrote a year ago: 2

The reason is simply that the vast majority of shows is in English, so we chose to only display the "Language" field there if it's non-English :)

@david wrote:
The reason is simply that the vast majority of shows is in English, so we chose to only display the "Language" field there if it's non-English :)

Thanks for the confirmation David.  When creating a show, is the language field required? If can be blank, what appears in the show info box and/or when searching English vs blank?

Try 30 days of free premium.