Try 30 days of free premium.

Known For actor credits

LadyShelley wrote 8 years ago: 1

Is there any way to change how this is sorted? Right now it looks to be whatever the first four programs are that are added for the actor, not necessarily the programs s/he is actually best known for. A better sort method would be based on the number of episodes recorded for programs instead; not sure how your back end code looks to change this.

As an example, Gerald McRaney's "Known For" list is several small roles however his two biggest shows, Simon & Simon (156 episodes) and Major Dad (96 episodes) aren't listed.

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

The problem is that the actor has to be individually listed for each episode he appeared in. Since no one has added McRaney to any individual episodes of Major Dad, none of those 96 episodes "count" for where the show is listed on his page. He's only marked down for two episodes of Simon & Simon.

The list of credits isn't entirely by # of appearances. However, I'd bet that if he was added to all 96 episodes (or however many he appeared in) of Major Dad, the show would be much higher on McRaney's list of credits.

MichaelDeBoey wrote 8 years ago: 1

Gadfly wrote:
The problem is that the actor has to be individually listed for each episode he appeared in. Since no one has added McRaney to any individual episodes of Major Dad, none of those 96 episodes "count" for where the show is listed on his page. He's only marked down for two episodes of Simon & Simon.
The list of credits isn't entirely by # of appearances. However, I'd bet that if he was added to all 96 episodes (or however many he appeared in) of Major Dad, the show would be much higher on McRaney's list of credits.

That isn't the case.
I've seen multiple examples where this wasn't the case.

I think the more popular shows are shown in in Known For, but David/Jan need to clear this out :-)

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

I am not entirely sure what it is based on indeed. It might be popularity of the show plus # of appearances, but David or Jan could tell you this in fine details :)

TonyMayhew wrote 8 years ago: 1

I agree, it should show whatever they have the most appearances in should be the main images (Assuming they have been added to each episode, of course).

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Yep! This has been reported before. Right now it's sorted by show popularity, but sorting them by the amount of appearances in the shows would make more sense. I'll try to look at this soon. :)

megs wrote 7 years ago: 1

I believe there has been no progress on this. I still see "known For" talk shows in most actors, shows that they only made a single appearance as themselves, or popular shows that they were guest stars one or 2 times, and not actual shows were they participated. Until this is corrected I believe there is no reason for the Known For line to appear. It just confuses people.

Try 30 days of free premium.