Try 30 days of free premium.

What movies sites do you use?

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

Ok, im talking about this because i´m looking for a home for my movies but at the same way, if TVmaze people are even thinking about creating a movies site in the future, please delete this to avoid publicity :P

Im looing for smaller site apps, trying to get away from the big ones like letterboxd, icheckmovies, filmafinity etc...

let the ideias flow!

turbopipp wrote 8 years ago: 1

MOVIEmaze gogo! :)

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

I am using DVDprofiler

www.invelos.com

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 3

I never bothered to use a different site for movies rather than IMDB. You either watched it or not and you could simply see that by voting for a movie after just watching it.

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

i use imdb since... 1998 lol. but the design hurt my eyes :P

JanNielsen wrote 8 years ago: 1

IMDB works for me, too. I did use Getglue for TV and movies both, but they closed that site which was rather annoying having al my stats there. At least IMDB does not look like closing anytime soo:-

teneightypea wrote 8 years ago: 0

trakt.tv is pretty sweet for my purposes, I don't follow movies like TV and watch as soon as I can.

Jan wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hanii wrote:
I mainly use flickchart.com myself as I like the ranking aspect of it.

This is an interesting one I hadn't heard of. Especially how the all time top list is generated. Thanks for sharing.

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

It really depends on what I am looking for as some are better than others but over the past 10 years I have used imdb.com, wikipedia.com, amctheatres.com, fandango.com, movies.com and msn.com/en-us/movies there are many others but I have not used them in years so I forget what they are/were?

Are you guys thinking about possibly setting up a sister site for Movies only?

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
It really depends on what I am looking for as some are better than others but over the past 10 years I have used imdb.com, wikipedia.com, amctheatres.com, fandango.com, movies.com and msn.com/en-us/movies there are many others but I have not used them in years so I forget what they are/were?
Are you guys thinking about possibly setting up a sister site for Movies only?

I think we are quite busy with TVmaze here, so a movie site is not in development, but maybe david and jan prove me wrong one day :)

cheers
Juan

ItsMike wrote 8 years ago: 0

I have used iCheckMovies in the past.
However I have had a lazy few years and switched to Trakt.tv because it can scrobble automatically.

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

ItsMike wrote:
I have used iCheckMovies in the past.
However I have had a lazy few years and switched to Trakt.tv because it can scrobble automatically.

Scrobble what does that mean, is that even a valid word in the dictionary as it sounds pretty funny like twerking sounds funny to me as well?

Cavalera wrote 8 years ago: 1

i use letterboxd for movies

ItsMike wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Scrobble what does that mean, is that even a valid word in the dictionary as it sounds pretty funny like twerking sounds funny to me as well?

From the Trakt website:
Track every TV show and movie you watch, automatically from your media center. We call this scrobbling. To get started, install the plugin for your favorite media center, sit back and enjoy.

Mum2StaffyBulls wrote 4 years ago: 1

I'm looking to get away from IMDb completely. Can a few of you recommend your favorite movie data base site that includes foreign (or at least Indian cinema)? The suggestions above are rather old and some have closed already. Thanks for any help you can offer.

kevin87 wrote 4 years ago: 1

I use blu-ray.com for my cataloging and the forums, but I don't need to track the movies I've seen the same way I do with tv shows and episodes.

deleted wrote 4 years ago: 1

What about.... MovieMaze? the similar look and feel the same usage but... wait for it .... MOVIES! I think this site is already big enough ( contributors ) to build the biggest movie dabatbase ( me included... 5k movies seen xD )

Try 30 days of free premium.