Try 30 days of free premium.

About episode name

Cecile wrote 7 years ago: 1

Hi!

About the episode name, for a non-english show, does the title should be in the orignal language or in english ?

For example, some french show have english titles but the french one exists.

gazza911 wrote 7 years ago: 1

Are the English ones from the Official Network or from whoever aired/produced Dubbed/Subbed versions of it?

deleted wrote 7 years ago: 1

Cecile wrote:
Hi!
About the episode name, for a non-english show, does the title should be in the orignal language or in english ?
For example, some french show have english titles but the french one exists.

According to our policy, it should be the ones that are given by the network that premieres it. If so done by a french broadcaster with French titles, they will get priority :).

However if that French channel decides to publish both English and French title at the same time, we would recommend you to use English.

WilliamWade wrote 7 years ago: 1

That makes sense to me.

taxentaxen wrote 4 years ago: 1

Sorry for two years bump, but does it mean even Japanese title (in Kanji or Chinese characters) count? I have this recently approved animation show, which the broadcaster seemingly only aired in Japan without English title.

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 2

taxentaxen wrote:
Sorry for two years bump, but does it mean even Japanese title (in Kanji or Chinese characters) count? I have this recently approved animation show, which the broadcaster seemingly only aired in Japan without English title.

If there is no English title we use the original name, no matter in what language or characters :)

deleted wrote 4 years ago: 2

taxentaxen wrote:

I would write them in a romanized way of these characters as they often have a large database of international viewers.

LadyShelley wrote 4 years ago: 2

Thomas wrote:
According to our policy, it should be the ones that are given by the network that premieres it. If so done by a french broadcaster with French titles, they will get priority :).

However if that French channel decides to publish both English and French title at the same time, we would recommend you to use English.

Does this mean we can put the English titles back on Hawaii Five-0? :) 

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 2

LadyShelley wrote:
Does this mean we can put the English titles back on Hawaii Five-0? :) 

Nothing's changed since that decision was made; if you desire another way to input this information, I'd suggest responding to david's comment asking for opinions on a separate feature for storing that type of information.

taxentaxen wrote 4 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:
I would write them in a romanized way of these characters as they often have a large database of international viewers.

OK. So I made some episode entries in Romanized Japanese and seemed to hit the thresholds. Please review them if anything is wrong. Thank you.

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 2

taxentaxen wrote:
OK. So I made some episode entries in Romanized Japanese and seemed to hit the thresholds. Please review them if anything is wrong. Thank you.

all fine :)

Try 30 days of free premium.