Try 30 days of free premium.

Bolding in Show Summaries

Gadfly wrote 7 years ago: 1

At least one user, Crazyman, the bolding button isn't working for him. He's using Firefox.

bungle wrote 7 years ago: 1

what I usually just do is just highlight the text and then hit ctrl+b, never fails ;)

Sorry, I should have said the bolding isn't working when he submits a show summary.

I'll suggest that he hit ctrl+b. However, the B button has never failed for me either. So it seems that not everyone is having the problem.

JuanArango wrote 7 years ago: 1

I just bold it for him then, no biggie :)

david wrote 7 years ago: 1

Can you give a bit more detail, Crazyman? Does nothing happen if you ctrl-b a piece of text? Does it become bold but does it latter disappear? Something else?

Crazyman isn't on the thread that I know of. That's all the detail he's provided so far, that when he highlights the text and hits the B button, it doesn't bold.

I've suggested that he try Ctrl-B.

You can always send him a message if you want to talk to him direct.

JuanArango wrote:
I just bold it for him then, no biggie :)

And...?

Assuming he doesn't, he might like to have a working interface with TVMaze, whether someone else can do it for him or not. If he were to ever be promoted, he'd probably need it.

pentar wrote 7 years ago: 1

Whenever I run into problems with the B button, I cut and paste everything into Notepad, then cut and paste it back. That seems to strip any hidden formatting and the B button works fine then.

JuanArango wrote 7 years ago: 1

pentar wrote:
Whenever I run into problems with the B button, I cut and paste everything into Notepad, then cut and paste it back. That seems to strip any hidden formatting and the B button works fine then.

Yeh that fixes it too :)

LadyShelley wrote 7 years ago: 1

The key piece here is he has the text bolded when he submits a show request. The problem is the bolded text doesn't "stay" so-to-speak once someone else looks at the show and approves it. This sounds like a formatting problem with the submission form not something that's specific to a user or browser.

tnt wrote 7 years ago: 1

LadyShelley wrote:
The key piece here is he has the text bolded when he submits a show request. The problem is the bolded text doesn't "stay" so-to-speak once someone else looks at the show and approves it. This sounds like a formatting problem with the submission form not something that's specific to a user or browser.

I've just tried to create request with different text styles in the summary. All styles are preserved, so it's not a TVmaze bug, but rather a local problem at submitter's side.

tnt wrote:
I've just tried to create request with different text styles in the summary. All styles are preserved, so it's not a TVmaze bug, but rather a local problem at submitter's side.

Did you approve it to see if it was still there? crazyman is saying he does bold the titles, but they aren't bolded once the show is created.

LadyShelley wrote:

Did you approve it to see if it was still there? crazyman is saying he does bold the titles, but they aren't bolded once the show is created.

Yes, I've "approved" it first, and all the formatting was intact at the handle request page.

Actually, what crazyman told me is that his bolding wasn't working, period.He'd highlight text and hit the B button, but the highlighted text wasn't bolded.

I've suggested he use Ctrl-B, and he says that he'll try it. No word yet on whether it worked.

Just because he's having a problem doesn't mean everyone is. If it's only on TVMaze that he's having the problem, it would still be a TVMaze bug. Wouldn't it?

this is what he said:

Did it work?
No as it erases the highlight and jumps to the bold button when using Ctrl-B. I can highlight and bold the entire summary only.

Gadfly wrote:
this is what he said:
Did it work?
No as it erases the highlight and jumps to the bold button when using Ctrl-B. I can highlight and bold the entire summary only.

That's weird. I use Firefox as well and I don't have this issue not sure what it could be. (unless he's on an old version of the browser for some reason.)

I agree, but presumably it's something David needs to contact hm about and get the details he needs.

Or leave it unresolved. But if crazyman is ever made TC, he'll presumably need the ability. He sounds like he's on-track to become one. Plus who knows who else is having the problem?

david wrote 7 years ago: 1

Very strange. The text editor is wonky, but I've never heard anyone about a basic bug like this.

Updating the editor is still a high priority, but after researching a dozen of alternatives the unfortunate conclusion is that none of them is perfect.

If you haven't already, my suggestion would be that you contact him directly. It sounds weird to me, too. He could have some weird setting on Firefox, or some ad blocker, or something.

Did something changed in the editor?

Now I also can't bold or italic. Not with the buttons, not with Ctrl-B Ctrl-I.

Try 30 days of free premium.