Try 30 days of free premium.

New text editor

david wrote 6 years ago: 1

Because of long standing issues with the site's text editor (the one used to type show summaries, episode summaries, etc) we're replacing it with a better alternative.

As of right now, the new editor is deployed for shows, people, episodes, characters, seasons, networks and web channels. If no widespread problems are reported, it'll soon be used for forum posts, comments, etc as well.

Please check it out and if you notice any problems with the new editor, let me know!

tnt wrote 6 years ago: 1

Not sure if it's a bug, but the editor itself occupying only a half of the editor place on the page.

screenshot

deleted wrote 6 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
Not sure if it's a bug, but the editor itself occupying only a half of the editor place on the page.
screenshot

I noticed this error too yesterday, but David is aware of it ;)

bungle wrote 6 years ago: 1

im liking the new one, its much better.

buttons displaying too now :)

MTQueenie wrote 6 years ago: 1

Yeah i'm liking it too plus i can now edit in Chrome again :D

Thomas wrote:
I noticed this error too yesterday, but David is aware of it ;)

Looks like it's silently fixed :)

Great work, David!!!

Is it possible to move cursor automatically outside the quote when replying? As it was in the old editor.

Now after hitting Reply you’re writing inside the quote.

gazza911 wrote 6 years ago: 1

I’ve just realised that if you scroll down past the text editor, the menu icons will be fixed at the top of the screen, however the text box remains where it is.

That causes the text to be hidden behind the menu.

It’s only noticeable if you:

a) Have Developer Tools open

b) Have a really small screen / Minimised window

c) Are writing a long piece of text

(Or a mixture of b & c)

As can be seen in this picture:

https://i.imgur.com/KkGqe9y.png

tnt wrote:
Is it possible to move cursor automatically outside the quote when replying? As it was in the old editor.

Now after hitting Reply you’re writing inside the quote.

Fixed!

As some of you have noticed already, the new editor is now live for forum posts and comments as well. It should be a vastly improved experience but let us know if anything's still off.

david wrote:
Fixed!

Awesome! Thank you!

There’s some odd things happening when copy/paste from external sources (e.g. Wiki). Some spaces are lost (see screenshot below) and sometimes one “space” between words doesn’t work, you have to press it twice.

Screenshot

deleted wrote 6 years ago: 1

Well we can't use wikipedia anyway for summaries, unless it is an official summary. Anyway this bug was already there with the previous text editor.

Thomas wrote:
Well we can't use wikipedia anyway for summaries, unless it is an official summary. Anyway this bug was already there with the previous text editor.

Wiki is just an example. It’s happening with other sources as well. I think it has something to do with the source formatting.

Also I’ve noticed, that now is impossible to create a hyperlink from a scratch. Add link button is grayed out until you’ve selected a part of text. Not very convenient.

tnt wrote:
There’s some odd things happening when copy/paste from external sources (e.g. Wiki). Some spaces are lost (see screenshot below) and sometimes one “space” between words doesn’t work, you have to press it twice.

Screenshot

That works fine for me: https://postimg.org/image/dso4inoa7/, various other sources are fine too. It's probably a bug with a specific OS & browser combination, that’s out of my reach to fix but perhaps it’ll be improved in future upstream versions.

david wrote:
That works fine for me: https://postimg.org/image/dso4inoa7/, various other sources are fine too. It's probably a bug with a specific OS & browser combination, that’s out of my reach to fix but perhaps it’ll be improved in future upstream versions.

I’ve tried Safari 10.1.1, Chrome 59.0.3071.86 and Opera 45.0.2552.888 under macOS 10.12.5 – all the same.

Well, it’s not really a problem, just inconvenience :)

Try 30 days of free premium.