Try 30 days of free premium.

Edit Requests

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
Dupes deleted. The situation with seasons is even worse than you though. For some reason we have seasons 1, 9, 10, 2017, 2018 and 2019, which is defying both common sense and TVmaze policy. It'll need some work to put it in the right order.

UPD. Is there any comprehensive episode guide for this show? Do we consider Gracenote trustworthy?

I find Gracenote trustworthy but it ain't official :)

eherberg wrote 5 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
I think it would be better to use Gracenote than to keep the mess we do have right now :)

I've found the Gracenote numbering to be spot-on. I started making the entries over at TVDB back in 2017 when my wife wanted her show in Plex with the other shows. My process is to check for new episodes via Gracenote -- and then use the official show site for entries which also enables me to double-verify that a 'repeat' is truly a repeat by comparing a show's entries to that of my previous entries. Since the show itself only puts in a week of stuff at a time (and listings services don't get the next week's episodes until either late Friday or early Saturday) - I tend to go in on the day a show aired (or near the end of a week if I got busy) to get screengrabs.

The entries prior to 2017 I had no part of over there -- and until recently wasn't entering them here until I saw that my work over there was getting pulled in over here. Well - at least part of my work. :-) But as long as I was now entering them in 2 places, I started mid-season entering them over at TMDB as well.

I've never really gone back and looked at previous entries at TVDB because it's likely a lot of work for not a lot of benefit. I can't imagine there's a big demand for a program of this type. Hell -- if it wasn't for my wife wanting the show available in Plex/Emby, I wouldn't have started entering them over there. But -- as nobody else was -- and she wanted stuff like episode descriptions and images available in Plex/Emby -- I've been entering Rachael Ray episodes for almost 2 years now (with summer's off, thankfully, since they only have repeats during the summer).

Edited: I should point out that unlike Gracenote -- Rovi listings are actually pretty bad. They sometimes have episode numbers -- sometimes they don't. This season, they just never changed over the season numbering and continue to put episode numbering (when they have them) still on season '12'.

So - even though an official episode description was 'Season 13 Premiere' - it still shows as season 12 in the Rovi database. :-)

eherberg wrote:
I've found the Gracenote numbering to be spot-on. I started making the entries over at TVDB back in 2017 when my wife wanted her show in Plex with the other shows. My process is to check for new episodes via Gracenote -- and then use the official show site for entries which also enables me to double-verify that a 'repeat' is truly a repeat by comparing an show's entries to that of my previous entries. Since the show itself only puts in a week of stuff at a time (and listings services don't get the next week's episodes until either late Friday or early Saturday) - I tend to go in on the day a show aired (or near the end of a week if I got busy) to get screengrabs.

The entries prior to 2017 I had no part of over there -- and until recently wasn't entering them here until I saw that my work over there was getting pulled in over here. Well - at least part of my work. :-) But as long as I was now entering them in 2 places, I started mid-season entering them over at TMDB as well.

I've never really gone back and looked at previous entries at TVDB because it's likely a lot of work for not a lot of benefit. I can't imagine there's a big demand for a program of this type. Hell -- if it wasn't for my wife wanting the show available in Plex/Emby, I wouldn't have started entering them over there. But -- as nobody else was -- and she wanted stuff like episode descriptions and images available in Plex/Emby -- I've been entering Rachael Ray episodes for almost 2 years now (with summer's off, thankfully, since they only have repeats during the summer).

sounds like a plan to use the Gracenote listing then :)

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
sounds like a plan to use the Gracenote listing then :)

Maybe we just re-import the last 3 seasons from TVDb? :)

tnt wrote:

sure, go ahead :)

JuanArango wrote:
sure, go ahead :)

What I've actually meant is do this via importer tool. I suppose it allows to "sync" our records with TVDb listings?

I cannot re-import existing episodes, and there's hell of a lot guests already added, so deleting them is not an option.

tnt wrote:

I can't speak to the accuracy of anything over there prior to season 12. It looks like somebody started updating stuff mid-season for season 11 before giving up. The season 11 entries (the ones that are there) might be good ... but I've never checked them against listing numberings.

As for the guests, I only started adding guests in from S2019E18 (when I started adding them in here). As the previous imported entries were only getting the episode title without any of the descriptions, gallery images, guests, etc from my entries over there.

I suppose if somebody were to wipe and re-import, I could add in those guests again from that episode onwards.

Again - not sure it's worth the effort to anybody for a show like this. I only started adding them in when I saw my entries being imported partially.

tnt wrote:
What I've actually meant is do this via importer tool. I suppose it allows to "sync" our records with TVDb listings?

I cannot re-import existing episodes, and there's hell of a lot guests already added, so deleting them is not an option.

Let me see if i can do this without deleting any guest cast :)

EDIT. tvdb has year based numbering , so this is not helping.

JuanArango wrote:
Let me see if i can do this without deleting any guest cast :)

EDIT. tvdb has year based numbering , so this is not helping.

Are you sure? We have a year-based numbering, and TVDb have seasons. Or you mean they're not compatible with each other?

tnt wrote:
Are you sure? We have a year-based numbering, and TVDb have seasons. Or you mean they're not compatible with each other?

this is indeed weird, the site shows season numbering but the importer does not, need to ask david :)

eherberg wrote:
I can't speak to the accuracy of anything over there prior to season 12. It looks like somebody started updating stuff mid-season for season 11 before giving up. The season 11 entries (the ones that are there) might be good ... but I've never checked them against listing numberings.

I just looked at the season 11 entries. From when the previous caretaker was entering episodes (from episode 60), there was only 1 error - a missing entry between 5/22/2017 and 5/24/2017). I added that missing entry to season 11. So - outside of the missing 59 entries prior to that, seasons 11 - 13 would be OK (minus the 4 dupes this week in season 13 that started the conversation. Those - if not removed by next week over there - I would end up just overwriting with next week's new episodes when known this weekend).

tnt wrote:

david just told me that the importer is year based hardcoded for talk shows :)

So we need to do it manually :O

JuanArango wrote:
david just told me that the importer is year based hardcoded for talk shows :)

So we need to do it manually :O

Bummer.

Ok, will try to find some time this week, at least to sort 2017-2019 entries properly.

tnt wrote:
Bummer.

Ok, will try to find some time this week, at least to sort 2017-2019 entries properly.

I will do season 13 now :)

tnt wrote:
Bummer.

Season 12 and 13 are completely done :)

tvjjbj12 wrote 5 years ago: 1

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert:

Aparna Nancherla didn't appear on the episode of March 14, 2019. Please delete the Guest Cast entry. I updated the Episode Name and Summary.

Thanks as always.

Joe

Try 30 days of free premium.