Try 30 days of free premium.

Axe Falling Faster Tonight Than at Thanksgiving on a Turkey Farm ...

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

Cancellations coming in fast this evening ...

@ NBC

Rise,

Taken,

The Brave,

Great News

@ ABC

Deception,

Kevin (Probably) Saves the World,

Marvel’s Inhumans,

Ten Days in the Valley,

The Mayor,

The Crossing,

Designated Survivor,

Quantico,

Alex, Inc

@ Fox

Lucifer,

The Exorcist

kevin87 wrote 5 years ago: 1

Networks must've cleaned out their dungeons and armories and found a bunch of cancellation axes to use on everything...

gmpugs wrote 5 years ago: 1

Of those reported, I have to say I'm bummed about Kevin (Probably) Saves the World getting cancelled. Oh well.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

Bummed about the expanse which likely will continue somewhere else and about lucifer.

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
Bummed about the expanse which likely will continue somewhere else and about lucifer.

Lucifer is also looking for a new home. Slim chance, but still...

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

Yeh with lucifer the chances are definitely not good.

JuanArango wrote:
Yeh with lucifer the chances are definitely not good.

Clinging to hope is the fact it's DC and DC has a new channel about to debut that needs content ... [ x fingers crossed x ] ... and I doubt it very much, it would pair well with Supernatural on CW ... or with a resurrected Constantine on the CW on Sunday nights ... you know, nothing says Sunday like devils 'n demons!

cecja wrote 5 years ago: 1

Fox cancelled The Mick as well. I didn't like season two as much as the first one but I wanted more anyway. :/ Glad B99 was saved though.

Superior Donuts axed by CBS.

A bit of a surprise sees Instinct escape the executioner with a season 2 renewal. Low ratings and an upcoming episode being pulled and rescheduled lead another site to label the show as canceled which they have now had to correct ... and further proof that you 'don't count your chickens until they are hatched'.

Tonks wrote 5 years ago: 1

i can't believe instinct which plagiariazed bones several times got a pass and deception which was pretty fun and had better ratings and was better than for the people was got the axe...

you can add 9jkl, living biblically to the cancels.

Aidan wrote 5 years ago: 1

Tonks wrote:
i can't believe instinct which plagiariazed bones several times got a pass and deception which was pretty fun and had better ratings and was better than for the people was got the axe...

It's a bit like comparing apples and oranges. Different networks have different priorities.

The main difference between the two tho, is that CBS produce Instinct themselves while ABC got Deception from a outside studio.

SilverSurfer wrote:
Clinging to hope is the fact it's DC and DC has a new channel about to debut that needs content ... [ x fingers crossed x ] ... and I doubt it very much, it would pair well with Supernatural on CW ... or with a resurrected Constantine on the CW on Sunday nights ... you know, nothing says Sunday like devils 'n demons!

Actually I don't think Lucifer fits in tonally with any of the CW shows, it would just feel out of place because it's too procedural with not enough mythology. At least iZombie has equal parts zombie storyline to offset the procedural, which isn't the typical kind anyway. DC Universe is probably it's best bet.

I'm surprised 9JKL lasted it's full run, the general rule is that you give a show 4 episodes to see how it improves or not and I couldn't be bothered to even finish episode 4.

kevin87 wrote:
Actually I don't think Lucifer fits in tonally with any of the CW shows, it would just feel out of place because it's too procedural with not enough mythology. At least iZombie has equal parts zombie storyline to offset the procedural, which isn't the typical kind anyway. DC Universe is probably it's best bet.

I'm surprised 9JKL lasted it's full run, the general rule is that you give a show 4 episodes to see how it improves or not and I couldn't be bothered to even finish episode 4.

I dunno, Supernatural is fairly procedural ...

1. Hear weird story

2. Go investigate if it's demonic (it always is)

3. Find demon

4. Kill demon

5. Play cool rock music

6. Drive off in cool car to next location

and yet, I still like the brothers. Too bad the spin-off wasn't picked up to series.

SilverSurfer wrote:

1. Hear weird story

3. Find demon

4. Kill demon

5. Play cool rock music

and yet, I still like the brothers. Too bad the spin-off wasn't picked up to series.

Maybe but still less procedural than Lucifer. It'd be funny if once in a while they go investigate and it's not a supernatural threat so they just hang out with Sam reading and being grossed out by Dean stuffing their face. They deserve a break. :p

9JKL, Me, Myself & & I, Wisdom Of the Crowd and Kevin Can Wait all terminated by CBS.

Gadfly wrote 5 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:

1. Hear weird story

3. Find demon

4. Kill demon

5. Play cool rock music

They really don't do that that much these days. That was more the format of the first few seasons.

Even when they do do a more standardized "monster of the week", they've got a bunker so they don't drive off to the next location anymore. The show also doesn't do as much rock music as it once did.

MTQueenie wrote 5 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:
9JKL, Me, Myself & & I, Wisdom Of the Crowd and Kevin Can Wait all terminated by CBS.

Knew that Wisdom of the Crowd would officially be canceled....still sucks though, i loved that show :(

Try 30 days of free premium.