Try 30 days of free premium.

Supernatural, Older Than The CW, Ending?

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

With this rate they're still have 6 more years to go, ending with a movie :D

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
With this rate they're still have 6 more years to go, ending with a movie :D

Plenty of time to come up with a spin off that finally clicks.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

I also think this will run for a few more seasons :D

LadyShelley wrote 5 years ago: 1

No I don't think the show is ending any time soon. There is nothing in their ratings numbers for the CW to be twitchy about. My guess is this was a decision made to actually keep the guys happy with a slightly reduced production schedule so the show can continue for several more years. They both have young families at this point and there are known issues, especially for Jared, of exhaustion between filming and the convention schedule they keep.

LadyShelley wrote:
No I don't think the show is ending any time soon. There is nothing in their ratings numbers for the CW to be twitchy about. My guess is this was a decision made to actually keep the guys happy with a slightly reduced production schedule so the show can continue for several more years. They both have young families at this point and there are known issues, especially for Jared, of exhaustion between filming and the convention schedule they keep.

You could be right but ratings are not the only reason shows end ... many stars choose to end their series "on a high" ... Jerry Seinfeld was, IIRC, offered an unheard of $5 million per episode to stay and do another season but declined and ended his series. If the guys are getting antsy to move on, there's not a lot the CW can do except respect their wishes.

SilverSurfer wrote:
You could be right

Too late to edit comment so, I should have said "I hope you are right ..." I don't want the show to end and hope the reduction is indeed giving people some extra time ... I also hope it means the writers get a break too so they don't need as many 'filler' episodes or plots arcs to pad out the season.

kevin87 wrote 5 years ago: 1

If only CW would cap all their shows at 20... would help reduce some of the fillers in episodes. It's probably just meant to help lighten the load on their schedules because they always have so much, and adding Sunday isn't going to cause too huge a dent in their backlog lol

LadyShelley wrote:

Good call ... https://tvline.com/2018/07/21/jensen-ackles-interview-supernatural-season-14-dean-spoilers-video/ ... quoted below

As for the series’ shortened Season 14 episode count, Ackles explained that it had everything to do with his and his on-screen sibling’s quality of life. “Shaving a couple of episodes off gives us almost a extra month out of our year, which when you only get about a two-and-half-month hiatus, it goes really quickly.”

... I don't know how they do it ... "only" 10 weeks off per year ... TPTB @ The CW are hard nosed task masters! ;) Now, at least, they'll get 14 weeks.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/supernatural/news/a864192/supernatural-season-14-short-season-episodes-reduced/

Supernatural's upcoming 14th season will be its shortest in over a decade, and while it's a small reduction – 20 episodes, rather than the standard 22 or 23 – the news had fans worried that The CW was losing faith in the series.

But in fact, the shorter run is happening at the request of series leads Jensen Ackles (Dean) and Jared Padalecki (Sam), who were both keen to spend more time with their families.

and later in the article ...

But while Ackles admitted that he "would love" an even shorter 13-episode run, similar to a cable show, he doesn't think that would end up being practical.

"That'd be just like heaven – we'd go for 30 more seasons if we did that!" he grinned.

I consider this an iron clad contract. Cut the episode order to 13 per year and the lads are onboard for 30 more seasons! Done and done. See you in 2049 for the series wrap party. :)

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:
Cut the episode order to 13 per year and the lads are onboard for 30 more seasons! Done and done. See you in 2049 for the series wrap party. :)

They both have kids, so this early wrap is really unnecessary. The family business could keep rolling XD

tnt wrote:
They both have kids, so this early wrap is really unnecessary. The family business could keep rolling XD

2149? I'll still be there :)

Try 30 days of free premium.