Try 30 days of free premium.

Sorting of watched episodes' list

Cecile wrote 5 years ago: 1

Hello

The watched episodes list is very nice, but it is sorted by the acquired date and not the watching date.

Can it be corrected ? I remember there was the same problem with the watchlist when 'acquire' status first appeared.

No one ?

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

I am sure david or jan will answer this soon :)

LouisWu wrote 5 years ago: 1

Thanks for mentioning this list, Cecile. I had not discovered it yet, even though it is right there on my Stats page at the bottom of the "Just watched" episodes list. Very nice addition indeed!

david wrote 5 years ago: 1

I'm not 100% sure whether the current behavior is perfect, but it's there for a reason: bulk marking. If you mark episodes as watched in bulk they are stored without timestamp (to avoid messing up your watch statistics in that week), so if we'd sort this list by "watching date" these bulk-marked episodes would appear all the way at the bottom of the list.

To avoid that, they are sorted by "marked order" instead.

Well, if an episode doesn't count in the stats, why couldn't it be at the end of the list ?

When is the 'marked order' updated ? Maybe it's just that. When there is an episode marked as acquired and we switch it to 'seen', the marked order could be updated

Cecile wrote 4 years ago: 1

Any news on the subject ?

Jan wrote 4 years ago: 1

Hi Cecile,

Short answer: no changes have been made and there are short term plans to change this.

I'm not saying that things won't change. Just that we're currently focusing on other things. We haven't discussed internally on what/how we'd change the way the list is sorted yet. I agree that the current sorting can cause confusion.But as David said, it's like this for a reason. If we want to change this, we need some time to look into the impact and technical implementation.

I appreciate it that you've pointed this out.

cheers,

Jan

Try 30 days of free premium.