Try 30 days of free premium.

Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

LadyShelley wrote 4 years ago: 1

Anyone know why the translations for the episode titles were removed?

If it was for a standards reason, then the translations should be in the episode summaries, per the press releases.

deleted wrote 4 years ago: 1

Hi Shelley,

While there may have been a discussion about it previously I was unaware about (or did I forget?), but out of consistency I made a call to stick it to one format as some of the episodes had translations to them and some not.... I may have been wrong doing so, however using their site and other third party sources, I thought it would be correct to change them solely to their native tongue like it was on their page: https://www.cbs.com/shows/hawaii_five_0/

The only one that listed them with translations was futon, but I'm not a huge fan of it and tend to ignore them.

Apologies if it was incorrect.

Thomas wrote:
But based on that information you have given me, I would definitely say that it is without translations :p, but hey that's my opinion.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but the translations should be included somewhere in the listings, if not the title itself, then the episode summary :)

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 1

I'm not familiar with the series.

Do the episode names appear on-screen at all?

gazza911 wrote:
I'm not familiar with the series.

Do the episode names appear on-screen at all?

Like Shelley said, they do not appear so, I verified it myself.

Aidan wrote 4 years ago: 1

As for not it being consistent I'm not sure where that comes from as I've been adding the translations from the press releases every week.

And since CBS provide the translations I think they should be used, and with how our system currently works the episode title is the most natural place of adding them.

And since CBS provide the translations I think they should be used, and with how our system currently works the episode title is the most natural place of adding them.

I'd see them much rather in the episode summaries as they are not part of the episode titles reading them from Shelley's report. Also if they were really part of them, why does CBS not list them themselves as part of the tittle?

Thomas wrote:
I'd see them much rather in the episode summaries as they are not part of the episode titles reading them from Shelley's report. Also if they were really part of them, why does CBS not list them themselves as part of the tittle?

They're not part of the episode summaries either, tho. So no matter where they're added it will be off.

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 1

I would also place them in the titles :)

Aidan wrote:
They're not part of the episode summaries either, tho. So no matter where they're added it will be off.

As far as the press releases are concerned, the translations come before any cast listings, so I can see them as part of the episode summary. In the end, I don't really care where they are as long as they are somewhere. :)

LadyShelley wrote:
In the end, I don't really care where they are as long as they are somewhere. :)

It's mostly been me adding them and now that someone else have a issue with it I'll just stop and they can add them wherever they like.

Aidan wrote:
It's mostly been me adding them and now that someone else have a issue with it I'll just stop and they can add them wherever they like.

we should make a decision now, Thomas had no issue with them, he just saw that some had translations and some did not :)

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 1

Personally I don't think we should have the translations in the episode title. It only appears in a title like manner on the schedule on the press site.

However the press releases themselves (on the same press site) like others have mentioned do not display translations in the title (i.e here).

It's important to note that in the press release, the title is quoted without translation in the same format that all titles appear in other shows display (f.e. here).

Having it in the summary I don't particularly like either, but we don't (currently) have episode AKAs so it's just a compromise.

The three HCs stuck their heads together and the vote was 2:1 in favor for not having the translations in the title.

JuanArango wrote:
The three HCs stuck their heads together and the vote was 2:1 in favor for not having the translations in the title.

OK can/will they be added to the episode summaries?

LadyShelley wrote:
OK can/will they be added to the episode summaries?

yup, they can be added to the summaries :)

I dont think they belong in the summaries either, so imo it's better not adding them at all.

Try 30 days of free premium.