Try 30 days of free premium.

Roughly Half of All US Households Will Be Cable Free by 2024, Roku Predicts

SilverSurfer wrote 4 years ago: 1

Roughly Half of All US Households Will Be Cable Free by 2024, Roku Predicts

Along with sharing news that the company exceeded $1.1 billion in revenue during 2019, Roku used their quarter 4 earnings report to give their opinion on the current state of streaming and the future of cord cutting.

Not that they have any bias in this opinion. :-/ 

But I am curious, how many TVMaze users have cut the cable? 

And, what is your main source of media? Cable? Streamers? DVD/Bluray? OTA? Digital purchases? Other? (which includes means which are less than legal)

SilverSurfer wrote 4 years ago: 1

But I am curious, how many TVMaze users have cut the cable? 

And, what is your main source of media? Cable? Streamers? DVD/Bluray? OTA? Digital purchases? Other? (which includes means which are less than legal)

I'll toss in my two cents

A. Cable has been cut.

1. Streamers

2. OTA

3. (whispers) Other

in that order.

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 2

I have cut my cable years ago, I do no longer watch regular TV, there is nothing that interests me here in Germany. I pay for Netflix and Amazon prime. News and Sports I get over the internet for free.

kevin87 wrote 4 years ago: 2

I've still got cable, but that might not last much longer... Less than a year ago it was $150 for tv and internet but now it's at $200 a month, and that's just not sustainable. I have Netflix and Prime but that only has stuff months to years after it's been on TV so if/when I drop cable, I'll be using Hulu a lot because On Demand won't be an option and even the network apps will be useless without a cable login to watch stuff.

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 2

No cable for many years. Amazon/Netflix for originals, and official streaming/other for everything not available otherwise :) That's for watching. For contributing mostly other, good quality images and such...

LadyShelley wrote 4 years ago: 1

We cut the cable 10-15 years ago. Mostly, I wait for the DVDs to hit my local library. I refuse to be inundated with adverts at every turn. There are a few programs I will buy the discs.  We have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+ for various things. 

Try 30 days of free premium.