Try 30 days of free premium.

Muppet Babies

dpratt wrote 3 years ago: 1

Muppet Babies is a Disney Junior show but it usually premieres on Disney Channel except in a few cases in Season 1 where it premiered on Disney Junior. Yet the air dates that are listed do not match up with Disney Channel's air dates. That would be fine except TVmaze's rules state that the network that airs the most premieres within a season wins and to use only air dates from that network, and that is clearly Disney Channel not Disney Junior.

(T.O.T.S. is another show that suffers from this problem. I might make a separate note about it.)

It can be tough to track down the Disney Channel air dates years later especially for the minority of episodes that premiered on Disney Junior in the summer of 2018. Any advice?

So people please be aware that Disney shows tend to premiere on different networks and switch mid-season and then back again. And that when in doubt, Disney Channel usually will air more premieres than other networks so anticipate that so that the right air dates get listed here.

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 1

@dpratt wrote:
Muppet Babies is a Disney Junior show but it usually premieres on Disney Channel except in a few cases in Season 1 where it premiered on Disney Junior. Yet the air dates that are listed do not match up with Disney Channel's air dates. That would be fine except TVmaze's rules state that the network that airs the most premieres within a season wins and to use only air dates from that network, and that is clearly Disney Channel not Disney Junior.

(T.O.T.S. is another show that suffers from this problem. I might make a separate note about it.)

It can be tough to track down the Disney Channel air dates years later especially for the minority of episodes that premiered on Disney Junior in the summer of 2018. Any advice?

So people please be aware that Disney shows tend to premiere on different networks and switch mid-season and then back again. And that when in doubt, Disney Channel usually will air more premieres than other networks so anticipate that so that the right air dates get listed here.

If this is occuring more and more to Disney shows, we might rethink what to do on such instances. The policy right now says to leave the airdates that air on another channel blank.

The policy only says to leave air dates blank if the episodes never air on the network that premieres the most episodes, not if some episodes premiere on another network but later re-air on the network with the most premieres which is the case here. Disney Junior premieres usually always air again a few days later on Disney Channel.

The problem is finding out when they re-aired on Disney Channel.

@dpratt wrote:
The policy only says to leave air dates blank if the episodes never air on the network that premieres the most episodes, not if some episodes premiere on another network but later re-air on the network with the most premieres which is the case here. Disney Junior premieres usually always air again a few days later on Disney Channel.

The problem is finding out when they re-aired on Disney Channel.

Sorry, you are correct :)

kevin87 wrote 3 years ago: 1

The problem with any Disney Junior show is that they also air on the Disney Junior programming block on Disney Channel and are listed as a Disney Junior show on the press site. It may be in the policy to leave it blank, but that would frankly be dumb to list an episode that aired in the original country by it's original parent company with a blank airdate causing them to possibly be listed out of order, specifically when episodes cross-premiere and randomly air between the two channels with no rhyme or reason and aren't given press releases to say it'll air on Disney Channel on that-and-this date and again on Disney Junior on this-and-that date. It's also not as simple as episodes premiere on Disney Junior but then it moves to Disney Channel in midseason, they switch it up on a weekly basis sometimes.

The best way to make sense out of Disney's chaos is probably just set all Disney Junior shows to DisneyNow and leave the airtimes blank because they also premiere there the same day as they do on any of the Disney networks, and even when it's on the same network, it's not always at the same time to begin with. I think they may go up there before they air on TV anyway, I know primetime Disney Channel shows used to be at least by noon before they aired on TV. 

@kevin87 wrote:
The problem with any Disney Junior show is that they also air on the Disney Junior programming block on Disney Channel and are listed as a Disney Junior show on the press site. It may be in the policy to leave it blank, but that would frankly be dumb to list an episode that aired in the original country by it's original parent company with a blank airdate causing them to possibly be listed out of order, specifically when episodes cross-premiere and randomly air between the two channels with no rhyme or reason and aren't given press releases to say it'll air on Disney Channel on that-and-this date and again on Disney Junior on this-and-that date. It's also not as simple as episodes premiere on Disney Junior but then it moves to Disney Channel in midseason, they switch it up on a weekly basis sometimes.

The best way to make sense out of Disney's chaos is probably just set all Disney Junior shows to DisneyNow and leave the airtimes blank because they also premiere there the same day as they do on any of the Disney networks, and even when it's on the same network, it's not always at the same time to begin with. I think they may go up there before they air on TV anyway, I know primetime Disney Channel shows used to be at least by noon before they aired on TV. 

I am fine with that idea, what do the others think?

deleted wrote 3 years ago: 1

Just to clarify, is Disney Junior a programming block on Disney itself? Or is it an entire different network owned by the same company?

@Thomas wrote:
Just to clarify, is Disney Junior a programming block on Disney itself? Or is it an entire different network owned by the same company?

It's both. There's a dedicated Disney Junior channel, and Disney Channel airs a block of Disney Junior shows in the morning until noon, which are either reruns or new episode premieres. The same way Nickelodeon has a Nick Jr block on Nickelodeon, but also has a Nick Jr channel. The problem is that, to stick with the subject of this topic but in reality it's ALL Disney Junior shows, Muppet Babies will have an episode premiere on Disney Junior one week and the next week a new episode might premiere in the Disney Junior block on Disney Channel, and the week after a new episode will premiere on Disney Junior. If it premieres on Disney Channel, they don't ever say when it's going to first be shown on Disney Junior as well or vice versa, it just is a random rerun.

Which is why I suggested just setting them to the DisneyNow web channel, because they always premiere on it the same day (possibly before it airs on TV even) regardless of which of their networks Disney decides to premiere it on.

deleted wrote 3 years ago: 1

@kevin87 wrote:
It's both. There's a dedicated Disney Junior channel, and Disney Channel airs a block of Disney Junior shows in the morning until noon, which are either reruns or new episode premieres. The same way Nickelodeon has a Nick Jr block on Nickelodeon, but also has a Nick Jr channel. The problem is that, to stick with the subject of this topic but in reality it's ALL Disney Junior shows, Muppet Babies will have an episode premiere on Disney Junior one week and the next week a new episode might premiere in the Disney Junior block on Disney Channel, and the week after a new episode will premiere on Disney Junior. If it premieres on Disney Channel, they don't ever say when it's going to first be shown on Disney Junior as well or vice versa, it just is a random rerun.

Which is why I suggested just setting them to the DisneyNow web channel, because they always premiere on it the same day (possibly before it airs on TV even) regardless of which of their networks Disney decides to premiere it on.

For Disney Junior as a block, this show should never be set to Junior and should stick to Disney as it's the same channel, but DisneyNOW as main channel would be the best option I think too for shows that have multiple episodes running on the network Junior and Main.

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

@kevin87 wrote:

You said it's alternating premieres. In the cases of premiering on Disney Junior (DJ) :

1) How soon after airing, does it then show on the Disney Channel (DC)?

2) Does the DC premiere an entirely new episode before showing the one that premiered on DJ

Also, how soon after airing on Disney Channel / Disney Junior is it available on DisneyNow?

@Thomas wrote:
For Disney Junior as a block, this show should never be set to Junior and should stick to Disney as it's the same channel, but DisneyNOW as main channel would be the best option I think too for shows that have multiple episodes running on the network Junior and Main.

The problem with setting it to Disney Channel is that Disney Channel isn't the only place they premiere new episodes, and might not even be which premieres the most. They also premiere on Disney Junior, and Disney Junior is where they have the programs listed on their press site. 

@gazza911 wrote:
You said it's alternating premieres. In the cases of premiering on Disney Junior (DJ) :

1) How soon after airing, does it then show on the Disney Channel (DC)?

2) Does the DC premiere an entirely new episode before showing the one that premiered on DJ

Also, how soon after airing on Disney Channel / Disney Junior is it available on DisneyNow?

It depends on the show and episode, sometimes a show has one episode a month, sometimes it's once a week. There's no way to tell how soon they air on DC after DJ, or DJ after DC since they don't treat it as a premiere for each channel and so they don't promote each episode as new for that specific channel, it's just a random rerun... It could be the next day, it could be after a new episode and the reruns that were shown before it are from seasons ago. You could set them all to Disney Channel, but then an episode will premiere first on Disney Junior. For example the next episode of Elena of Avalor that airs on July 19th, that's a show that is set to Disney Channel, but says "Episode Premiere on Disney Junior" in the press release. But if this episode is ever shown on Disney Channel, it won't be referred to as a premiere, or even a new episode specific to that channel.

It's available the same day on DisneyNow. The TV ads usually say "available On Demand and the DisneyNow app" first, the date and whichever channel they have decided to premiere that episode on. Here's an example from YouTube, around 55 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_0U85rLbM

Puppy Dog Pals has a new episode tomorrow at 9:30 am edt, if somebody is able to check the app then or before to see if it's available already,  and I can check other shows that air later in the day, we should take that into consideration. I know Girl Meets World and Raven's Home would have a new episode in primetime, but the episode had been on DisneyNow since at least noon the same day.

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

If we can't reliably add data, then I'd personally opt for using DisneyNow.

Let's see what others say.

@gazza911 wrote:
If we can't reliably add data, then I'd personally opt for using DisneyNow.

Let's see what others say.

yep I am also for using Disney now.

I checked Muppet Babies and all of Season 2 premiered on Disney Channel. It's just the summer episodes (June thru August) of Season 1 that premiered on Disney Jr. So it's not as random as Keven87 makes it sound.

Elena of Avalor always premieres on Disney Junior but it didn't used to. That's why it's still listed as a Disney Channel show. I'm not exactly sure when it switched networks but I think it was in Season 2. I can find out.

DisneyNow is only available to some people not everyone (for example Comcast users. I may be wrong but I think they have their own digital on demand and can't use Disney Now. And some comcast users don't even have that.) and I know from experience that shows aren't always available before they air, sometimes not till days later. Sometimes they are available before they air. But you can't always count on it. Generally shows are available on Disney Now the same day. That can be before or after or at the same time.

I can confirm that the June 2018 episodes of Muppet Babies re-aired on Disney Channel three days later and in the same order. This is typically what happens.

@dpratt wrote:
I checked Muppet Babies and all of Season 2 premiered on Disney Channel. It's just the summer episodes (June thru August) of Season 1 that premiered on Disney Jr. So it's not as random as Keven87 makes it sound.

Elena of Avalor always premieres on Disney Junior but it didn't used to. That's why it's still listed as a Disney Channel show. I'm not exactly sure when it switched networks but I think it was in Season 2. I can find out.

DisneyNow is only available to some people not everyone (for example Comcast users. I may be wrong but I think they have their own digital on demand and can't use Disney Now. And some comcast users don't even have that.) and I know from experience that shows aren't always available before they air, sometimes not till days later. Sometimes they are available before they air. But you can't always count on it. Generally shows are available on Disney Now the same day. That can be before or after or at the same time.

@dpratt wrote:
I can confirm that the June 2018 episodes of Muppet Babies re-aired on Disney Channel three days later and in the same order. This is typically what happens.

It's also not that reliable either, Puppy Dog Pals airs a new episode on Disney Channel's block tomorrow, and then it airs on Saturday on Disney Junior. It's not like it's going to always be DC premiere and then DJ 3 days later. So the show would have to constantly be changing networks depending on which one airs the most and then you'd have to always go back and leave certain airdates blank when you swap networks if they haven't aired yet... or you'd leave it as one channel regardless of where it airs and have to keep looking up reruns to find when it finally airs on the one it's currently set to, which then might not be the actual world premiere date. 

Comcast has Xfinity, but Xfinity is one of the providers to sign in with on DisneyNow. And even if people might not have access to DisneyNow, but it's still available there. I don't subscribe to premium cable channels, but they still premiere there. I just offered DisneyNow as a way to possibly bring both networks together as a web channel to avoid the nonsensical jumping Disney uses, but we may need track the new episodes on that for a bit as a test run to see if they're up the same day they air on TV. 

If a show premieres on Disney Junior it will re-air again on Disney Channel within at least about 9 days, and every re-airing will be the same day and approximate time as the last. In other words the re-airings occur on their own weekly schedule. And they do appear in press releases but are harder to find.

"At least" would be the problem though. If a rerun airs after a new episode, then that's going to mess up the schedules still, or you'd have to leave it blank until it airs on the "correct" network and could throw off episode numbers. Disney's press releases, as far as I have seen, are only episode premieres and across all three of their channels and for the whole month, not per episode. 

https://www.wdtvpress.com/disneyjunior/shows/muppet-babies/press-releases/

Today's new episodes of Puppy Dog Pals, Coop and Cami, and Sydney to the Max were all on DisneyNow at least by noon ct when I was able to check. C&D and Sydney were up at least 7 hours before their broadcast premiere.

@kevin87 wrote:
"At least" would be the problem though. If a rerun airs after a new episode, then that's going to mess up the schedules still, or you'd have to leave it blank until it airs on the "correct" network and could throw off episode numbers. Disney's press releases, as far as I have seen, are only episode premieres and across all three of their channels and for the whole month, not per episode. 

https://www.wdtvpress.com/disneyjunior/shows/muppet-babies/press-releases/

Today's new episodes of Puppy Dog Pals, Coop and Cami, and Sydney to the Max were all on DisneyNow at least by noon ct when I was able to check. C&D and Sydney were up at least 7 hours before their broadcast premiere.

Publishing the DisneyNow air dates seems like a fair alternative. My only objection to that is that Disney isn't always consistent about making content available on DisneyNow on the same day as the premieres if at all, and the air time also varies widely with usually no press releases to say when content will be made available.

@dpratt wrote:
Publishing the DisneyNow air dates seems like a fair alternative. My only objection to that is that Disney isn't always consistent about making content available on DisneyNow on the same day as the premieres if at all, and the air time also varies widely with usually no press releases to say when content will be made available.

I didn't think to check the Friday shows early, but the new episodes of Big City Greens, Amphibia and Owl House from Saturday along with Sunday's episodes of Elena of Avalor, Bunk'd and Disney Fam Jam were all up by 2:30am CT, which leads me to believe they probably went up at midnight PT. We could continue to track that with next week's shows and see if it pans out.

Try 30 days of free premium.