Try 30 days of free premium.

Leavetaking

A strange noblewoman arrives in a remote mountain village, claiming one of five youths is the reincarnation of an ancient power who once destroyed the world – and will do so again, if she's not able to discover which of them it is. But they all have less time than they think.

Try 30 days of free premium.

Trailer

Guest Cast

View full cast list »

Cast Appearances

View full appearance list »

Episode Discussion

kockasti posted 7 days ago

It's ok not to like adaptations, because they're different than the books, but this show is awesome. :)

drosso46561 posted 13 days ago

I find myself having major issues with how they have changed the story line of what I consider one of the best fantasy series ever written. I know WOT has a intricately woven story line that tells several parts of the story at the same time and can be hard for some to follow. But, with the changes they made at the start involving major characters, I find it to detract from the story that I know and love. My question is why could they not have made the series almost verbatim to Jordan's tale, for the most part the story is family friendly and exciting enough to satisfy most. I do like the way the Trollocs are presented and the way they show Moraine when she uses the female side of the One Power. I am already missing Thom Merrilin, the lack of the presence of the Gleeman which is a major player in WOT is very noticeable.

Wynn posted 14 days ago

@tallanvor wrote:
I can't agree. It's like they took a piece of my childhood that I loved (I started reading the series when I was 12 or 13) and turned it into a steaming pile of shit.

I have no problem with rewriting the women to get rid of the sniffing and braid tugging. A woman blacksmith? Ok, doesn't seem right for the setting, but whatever.

But Perrin now needs to come from an abusive home? Bran is just a money grubbing publican that would be a better fit for Les Miserables? They don't know if the dragon will be reborn as male or female?!?

TV-shows and movies are never the same or as good as the books.
That has always been the way it is. Books are just superior, in my opinion at least ;-)

deleted posted 14 days ago

@tallanvor wrote:

Thanks for the warning. There seems to be a very, very, large percentage of other new tv series, which are tripping over each other, vying for winner of the "steaming pile of shit" trophy.

tallanvor posted 16 days ago

@Wynn wrote:
A good start.

Wynn posted 17 days ago

A good start.

Login to leave a comment on this episode.
Try 30 days of free premium.