Try 30 days of free premium.

Someone needs to fix Sister Wives

dpratt wrote 6 years ago: 1

I don't watch this series so I don't know everything there is to know. But from what I have gathered all of the episodes listed under "Season 7" are really Season 6 episodes. Episodes under "Season 8" are really Season 7. And the episodes under "Season 9" are really Season 7 or Season 8. This is the season that is airing currently.

Also there are two different episodes listed in the same 8 pm time slot tonight which is causing a scheduling conflict. That's what brought my attention to this series which lead me to find all these other problems.

TV Guide is erroniously calling the current season "Season 9" so I think that's where that problem is arising from. I think it's really Season 8. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/sister-wives/listings/

It looks like there have been a lot of edits to this series. I figured I would leave it to someone who cares more about this show than I do.

I fixed the scheduling conflict problem. The Seasons still need to be fixed though. IMO TVGuide is wrong to call the current season "Season 9" I believe that Futon Critic is right because it matches the press releases.

JuanArango wrote 6 years ago: 1

I will take a look this evening.

I took a look at it, the official site seems to have a complete listing and we should go by that, I will do this sometime this week as it is a lot of work :)

tnt wrote 6 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
I took a look at it, the official site seems to have a complete listing and we should go by that, I will do this sometime this week as it is a lot of work :)

Beware, official site does not coincide with their own press releases. For example, by this press release 2015-09-13 was a season 6 premiere, but official site have it as season 9. The usual Discovery mess...

tnt wrote:
Beware, official site does not coincide with their own press releases. For example, by this press release 2015-09-13 was a season 6 premiere, but official site have it as season 9. The usual Discovery mess...

Where does it say it's season 6? I agree the press releases should be used in this case.

LadyShelley wrote 6 years ago: 1

dpratt wrote:
Where does it say it's season 6? I agree the press releases should be used in this case.

"The sixth season kicks off with a blockbuster two-hour television event on Sunday, September 13th at 9/8c."

Just under the big headline

Ok, thx alot for all input, will work on the show this week.

I looked around and seriously cannot figure out the correct listing.

the official site and imdb says the current season is 12

tvguide and the scene says the current season is 9

press releases I can only find from 2014 and 2015, so those are no big help.

if no one can point me to a current press release i think we need to go with the official site?

tnt wrote 6 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:

if no one can point me to a current press release i think we need to go with the official site?

Why don't just leave it as it is? :) Going by official site you definitely be in contradiction with at least one press release.

On the other hand, they have this crap streaming on Amazon, and the season structure is the same https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B078W3H7X3

Whatever you decide, mate ;)

JuanArango wrote:

Press releases tell us that Season 6 premiered on September 13, 2015. So short of on screen indicators, anything that says differently must be wrong. Unfortunately that includes TLC's own web site. I'm not saying that we should leave it the way it is, but going by TLC's site isn't the right move.

I vote to use Futon Critic as a source. It agrees with press releases. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/sister-wives/listings/

The futon listing also makes no sense at all (it seems to be by production number and not real episode number), someone with better knowledge to this show feel free to fix this :)

Try 30 days of free premium.