Try 30 days of free premium.

The Expanse Canceled by SyFy

SilverSurfer wrote 6 years ago: 1

The current season 3 of The Expanse airing on SyFy will be the last ... to air on SyFy ... the show is going to be shopped elsewhere and, I assume, Space in Canada will pick up a 4th or more season(s). A lot of shows say they'll be shopped to other networks/channels but I think this one actually has a better chance than most of being picked up by another outlet in the USA.

tnt wrote 6 years ago: 1

Arseholes. They pulling the plug on shows like Expanse or Dark Matter, while the low-rated shit like Van Helsing or Wynonna Earp keeps being renewed. The good thing though, that SoFoo do not involved in the production, so the show most likely will find a new home.

BTW, the trailer for the late Tremors series has been releases https://vimeo.com/269051958

Could've been a decent show, but not, courtesy of SoFoo.

SilverSurfer wrote 6 years ago: 1

Thanks, now I'm even sadder it wasn't picked up. :( Trailer looked good, I still hope someone, somewhere, somehow at least releases the full pilot so I can get even sadder. Perhaps it's for the best though ... SyFyLis (back when it was SciFi) messed up the first series, why wouldn't they do it again?

JuanArango wrote 6 years ago: 1

This is terrible news, one of the best scifi shows ever.

!just read that this will highly likely be Sold to another channel :)

Aidan wrote 6 years ago: 1

To be fair SyFy had a horrible deal on it, with no streaming rights, etc.

Aidan wrote:
To be fair SyFy had a horrible deal on it, with no streaming rights, etc.

Like they're were signing it with a gun to the head :D

Think this will be sold to Amazon, as it is one of Amazons most streamed shows!

Aidan wrote 6 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
Think this will be sold to Amazon, as it is one of Amazons most streamed shows!

I don't see them pouring money into a show Netflix have the international streaming rights to.

kevin87 wrote 6 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
Arseholes. They pulling the plug on shows like Expanse or Dark Matter, while the low-rated shit like Van Helsing or Wynonna Earp keeps being renewed. The good thing though, that SoFoo do not involved in the production, so the show most likely will find a new home.

I actually like Wynonna Earp though. I think it's weird how they try to get rid of all their scifi shows in favor of the fantasy ones though.

Amazon Prime owns it in the US though, but Netflix has it internationally... so either could be an option but could also be problematic since they probably will want sole rights and the other probably won't want to give them up. I don't see where else the show could go except for the streamies though, shen a genre channel cancels a genre show it probably would hard to find somewhere else to move it to since those typically would be who would save the show to begin with.

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

As TV’s The Expanse fights for its survival, actors Shohreh Aghdashloo and Cas Anvar praise its diversity (Toronto Star article)

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2018/05/21/as-tvs-the-expanse-fights-for-its-survival-actors-shohreh-aghdashloo-and-cas-anvar-praise-its-diversity.html

I still think this show has too many things going for it not to survive and be picked up for a 4th season by someone in the USA. So, until I can post a new thread titled "The Expanse Picked up by ...", I'll keep posting links to articles I think may be of interest to the fans of the series.

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

I've read somewhere that even SyFy is reconsidering the cancellation, following all the hype. No definite answer yet, but it's something...

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
I've read somewhere that even SyFy is reconsidering the cancellation, following all the hype. No definite answer yet, but it's something...

That seems like the best fit but they will have to work out the airing vs streaming issues to move forward.

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:
Excellent news if it comes to pass.

All my fingers are crossed XX

Try 30 days of free premium.