Try 30 days of free premium.

Apple vs Netflix

kevin87 wrote 5 years ago: 1

It should be $10 or less but if there's no app on Roku, I'd never subscribe anyway... though at this point, I probably won't anyway so it's meh for me lol There's way too many services and all it does it make each of them a little worse each time something new pops up. All we need is Netflix and Hulu, maybe Amazon Prime, yet all networks and studios think they're important enough for their own.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

I never bought an apple product so far and I think they will really have a hard time vs Netflix.

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

I'm excited only because potentially it could bring a new high quality original content from another fancy pants company. I bet they would throw a lot of money, at least at first, to draw in more subscribers, So we could expect at least half-dozen decent series from them. Otherwise it's meh, i won't buy an iPhone or Apple TV just because of it :D

FremenDar007 wrote 5 years ago: 1

I prefer Netflix but still use their disc rental system. Not a fan of Apple so I fully expect I'll torrent what I'm interested in.

kevin87 wrote 5 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
I'm excited only because potentially it could bring a new high quality original content from another fancy pants company. I bet they would throw a lot of money, at least at first, to draw in more subscribers, So we could expect at least half-dozen decent series from them. Otherwise it's meh, i won't buy an iPhone or Apple TV just because of it :D

I have a Roku so subscribing depends on if they actually have an app for it, and even then I wouldn't do it until they've released enough to make it worthwhile for that month... but if, IF, the content is free for Apple users then it might sway me to get an Apple TV, one day... because let's say it's $9.99 a month and using this $179.99 Apple TV from Best Buy as a comparison, that's basically getting a lifetime membership for the same price as 18 months of the service and I wouldn't have to subscribe and cancel and resubscribe when enough stuff has been released to bother with again.

All that said, I still say we have way too much as it is. But at least this makes more sense than any random network or studio doing their own service.

danharr wrote 4 years ago: 1

Netflix hasn't been all that for me since the late 2000's. Go back to the days when they had everything up and then we have a conversation.

Try 30 days of free premium.