Try 30 days of free premium.

bulk add cast appearances

MichaelDeBoey wrote 8 years ago: 1

It would be nice if we could add cast appearances in bulk.
Now you have to add all the cast for every individual episode.
It would be nice to have something where you can say "this cast member appeared in this whole season or in this, this and this episode"

KristinnSigurdsson wrote 8 years ago: 1

Yes, this is definitely needed. Adding the cast, one episode at a time, is extremely tedious. Especially when, for the most part, every cast member was in every episode.

Could probably implement this so that you select the character and it displays a list of all the episodes for the series with a check mark for each. To make it even better have an "toggle all on/off" at the top for the show as a whole and then for each season.

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

Yes, it would reduce the workload to add cast to episodes by a huge amount of time, however this system will have a major flaw too.

Selecting cast per episode forces people to verify whether that specific character appeared in that episode. Having a system to add a character to all episodes with just a few clicks improves the chance of people just randomly clicking all episodes (while that person may not have appeared there).

To use IMDB for example for their appearances is not favoured as they are reliable as shit with these appearances for TV series.

MichaelDeBoey wrote 8 years ago: 1

ThomasNL wrote:
Yes, it would reduce the workload to add cast to episodes by a huge amount of time, however this system will have a major flaw too.
Selecting cast per episode forces people to verify whether that specific character appeared in that episode. Having a system to add a character to all episodes with just a few clicks improves the chance of people just randomly clicking all episodes (while that person may not have appeared there).
To use IMDB for example for their appearances is not favoured as they are reliable as shit with these appearances for TV series.

Yeah that's also true
Maybe just for crew to begin with...?

Tonks wrote 8 years ago: 1

MichaelDeBoey wrote:
Yeah that's also true
Maybe just for crew to begin with...?

Same problem... Editor, DoP, First AD and 2nd AD change every other episode... Sometimes music does too, supernatural has two music composers, Gruska and Lennertz and they switch from episode to episode.

I think a medium would be to have the list whether main cast or crew with check boxes.. This might be the best of the options available. You could have a "check all boxes" at the top and then uncheck the ones that don't appear. A bit like when you delete mails by bulk.

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

ThomasNL wrote:

No, it doesn't. I've seen people add main cast to episodes that haven't aired yet, when the people submitting may have no idea if they appeared or not yet and the press statement says nothing.

It makes it harder for them to do so. It may improve the chance that people add legitimate entries, by whatever measure "improve" is defined. But it doesn't force them to verify.

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

If you want to encourage people to submit verified information, only allow submission of main cast and crew information on or after the airdate. That's where I'm seeing most of the errors.

For instance, Episode 12 of Doctor Who this season doesn't have Peter Capaldi listed. Even though he's shown (I think) in the rather generic episode image.

But Episode 13 only has Peter Capaldi listed. But Jenna Coleman is also shown in the episode image. (Again, I think that's her. Maybe it's Maisie Williams...)

Did whoever submit and not submit them "verify" they were and weren't in those episodes. Since they don't air for 5+ weeks, I'm guessing not...

Try 30 days of free premium.