Try 30 days of free premium.

Plex Is Coming Under Fire for Piracy

SilverSurfer wrote 4 years ago: 3

Plex Is Coming Under Fire for Piracy

For years, Plex has worked hard to distance itself from piracy. Now that does not seem sufficient because the anti-piracy group CreativeFuture has accused Plex of not doing enough to crack down on piracy.

Plex recently cut out many add-ons that allowed piracy and shifted its focus to streaming, but that does not seem like it’s enough.

bungle wrote 4 years ago: 2
creativefuture are just using plex as a scapegoat. its like blaming Samsung because that's the tv I chose to watch my pirated content on. :P

LadyShelley wrote 4 years ago: 2

PLEX has been a godsend for all of my TV show DVDs. I spent months ripping all of them to a hard drive so I have easy access to my shows and the discs are safe from damage. 

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 2

Thanks to a rapidly growing media application called Plex, torrent-based piracy is back in vogue...
^ that's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

thanks to smart TVs supporting USB playback...
thanks to internet fast enough to download gigabytes...
thanks to hard drives big enough to store terabytes...
thanks to cheap shareable cloud storage...
thanks to operating systems including a software for video playback...

idjits :D

LadyShelley wrote 4 years ago: 5

Probably most importantly, thanks to the splintering of streaming to the point no one can afford to pay for all of them. And STILL content is not available to everyone world-wide at the same time. You want to cut down on the piracy, stop playing the geo-blocking games and make the stuff available to everyone. 

SilverSurfer wrote 4 years ago: 1

@LadyShelley wrote:
Probably most importantly, thanks to the splintering of streaming to the point no one can afford to pay for all of them. And STILL content is not available to everyone world-wide at the same time. You want to cut down on the piracy, stop playing the geo-blocking games and make the stuff available to everyone. 

I like the new thumbs up feature but, sometimes, like this comment, we need a two thumbs up feature! :)

Try 30 days of free premium.