Try 30 days of free premium.

Discovery+ in the U.S./World

kevin87 wrote 3 years ago: 1

@Nivekolsen wrote:
Fixer upper premieres at the same time in the US and other countries - so the airdates are correct :)

While I think it's basically different services under the same parent company that's just giving them all the same name, I'd personally almost rather just make it global for them all if they're going to be confusing seemingly on purpose. Leave it to Discovery to screw with everybody lol 

Nivekolsen wrote 3 years ago: 1

@kevin87 wrote:
While I think it's basically different services under the same parent company that's just giving them all the same name, I'd personally almost rather just make it global for them all if they're going to be confusing seemingly on purpose. Leave it to Discovery to screw with everybody lol 

ikr, it seems unnecessarily confusing

TomSouthwell wrote a year ago: 2

Wanting to reopen this to talk about web channels as a whole. More and more we're seeing the UK version of Disney+ airing US Disney+ series on different dates. The UK version has also become the original airing home of most of the ABC network shows - Greys Anatomy, Station 19. We currently have no way of tracking this in the system.

Another example coming to mind of a similar situation is that the UK version of Paramount+ is now airing first run episodes of the new season of South Park. 

We also can't use global web channels for streaming premiere lists so Vera on ITV1 has broadcast the current series day and date to the international broadcast on BritBox - but we can't track that information. The Last of Us premiered one episode earlier on HBO Max - we can't track that as HBO Max is a global web channel even though it won't be launching in the UK at all. 

I think we need to be more stringent on how we define a global web channel and also as to why we'd have one quite obscure web channel (Discovery+) with two versions but none of the others. 

kevin87 wrote a year ago: 2

@TomSouthwell wrote:
Wanting to reopen this to talk about web channels as a whole. More and more we're seeing the UK version of Disney+ airing US Disney+ series on different dates. The UK version has also become the original airing home of most of the ABC network shows - Greys Anatomy, Station 19. We currently have no way of tracking this in the system.

Another example coming to mind of a similar situation is that the UK version of Paramount+ is now airing first run episodes of the new season of South Park. 

We also can't use global web channels for streaming premiere lists so Vera on ITV1 has broadcast the current series day and date to the international broadcast on BritBox - but we can't track that information. The Last of Us premiered one episode earlier on HBO Max - we can't track that as HBO Max is a global web channel even though it won't be launching in the UK at all. 

I think we need to be more stringent on how we define a global web channel and also as to why we'd have one quite obscure web channel (Discovery+) with two versions but none of the others. 

Having a global service is a little bit false anyway since content licensing and rights vary per country, something could be available in the US as a "Netflix original" that isn't available in another country... or the reverse like Extraordinary is listed as a global Disney+ show but it isn't on D+ in the US, it's only on Hulu. Maybe it's not possible but it'd be nice if when you pick a global web channel, you also have to pick a country of origin so people would know maybe your version of it might not have it. 

It'd also be nice if we could use a "global" web channel in alt lists as long as it's a country premiere, maybe only let the button light up if you pick a country, if that's possible. 

TomSouthwell wrote a year ago: 2

@kevin87 wrote:
Having a global service is a little bit false anyway since content licensing and rights vary per country, something could be available in the US as a "Netflix original" that isn't available in another country... or the reverse like Extraordinary is listed as a global Disney+ show but it isn't on D+ in the US, it's only on Hulu. Maybe it's not possible but it'd be nice if when you pick a global web channel, you also have to pick a country of origin so people would know maybe your version of it might not have it. 

It'd also be nice if we could use a "global" web channel in alt lists as long as it's a countryok premiere, maybe only let the button light up if you pick a country, if that's possible. 

I agree with everything you're saying. Any way we could split the global networks into territories @david that would solve alot of these issues which are surely going to happen more and more. 

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 1

@TomSouthwell wrote:
I agree with everything you're saying. Any way we could split the global networks into territories @david that would solve alot of these issues which are surely going to happen more and more. 

+1

blackcat2021 wrote a year ago: 1

On the same topic: I would love to see the option World in Countdown dropdown list on Countries :D

Try 30 days of free premium.