Try 30 days of free premium.

Master Contributor achievement

CostaDax wrote a year ago: 1

Hi, everyone!

As of this moment I have contributed with 10596 edits to TVmaze. It's been days since I reached the 10000 edits target. If I'm not mistaken, I should have already been awarded the Master Contributor achievement granted to those who have contributed with 10000 edits.

With all the previous related achievements (Contributor, Returning Contributor, Top Contributor), I was granted the achievement and received the respective notification as soon as I reached the necessary target (1 edit, 100 edits, 1000 edits respectively).

I'm not sure what is different with the Master Contributor achievement. Is there a bug? Is there a glitch? Or am I missing something?

Aidan wrote a year ago: 2

I guess it's using the actual number of contributions and not the points you got for it. 

You'll find that number on your stats page.

david wrote a year ago: 2

Ha, now that you mention it I see how this can be confusing.

But the answer is pretty simple: contributor points (as listed on https://www.tvmaze.com/users/193901/costadax) is not simply the amount of edits you made. Instead, some contributions are worth more points than others. F.e., creating an episode is worth 5 points while deleting a Guest Cast is only worth 1.

The master contributor achievement should appear after 10000 edits, not after 10000 contributor points. :)

@david wrote:
Ha, now that you mention it I see how this can be confusing.

But the answer is pretty simple: contributor points (as listed on https://www.tvmaze.com/users/193901/costadax) is not simply the amount of edits you made. Instead, some contributions are worth more points than others. F.e., creating an episode is worth 5 points while deleting a Guest Cast is only worth 1.

The master contributor achievement should appear after 10000 edits, not after 10000 contributor points. :)

Thanks a lot Aidan and David for the replies!

So, if the Master Contributor achievement should appear after 10000 edits (not after 10000 contributor points), I should have already received it. Did I get that right?

david wrote a year ago: 2

@CostaDax wrote:
Thanks a lot Aidan and David for the replies!

So, if the Master Contributor achievement should appear after 10000 edits (not after 10000 contributor points), I should have already received it. Did I get that right?

No, each edit is worth at least 1 point but usually more, so your amount of edits will be much lower than your points. You currently have 3822 edits.

@david wrote:
No, each edit is worth at least 1 point but usually more, so your amount of edits will be much lower than your points. You currently have 3822 edits.

OK. I get it now. Thanks for the clarification! :)

Try 30 days of free premium.