Try 30 days of free premium.

IMDb reference link

Coool wrote a year ago: 2

Hi!

I can see that shows have IMDb data at Externals (https://tvmaze.com/showexternal/view?id=x), but it doesn't show links to IMDb page anywhere. Or I'm blind?

Thanks.

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 1

@Coool wrote:
Hi!

I can see that shows have IMDb data at Externals (https://tvmaze.com/showexternal/view?id=x), but it doesn't show links to IMDb page anywhere. Or I'm blind?

Thanks.

you are not blind, there are no links :)

Coool wrote a year ago: 3

Would TVmaze Team consider adding display IMDb link?

@Coool wrote:

I do not think so, but only @david or @Jan can answer this :)

Coool wrote a year ago: 1

So why bother adding IMDb info?

bungle wrote a year ago: 2

@Coool wrote:

ive request it before, would make life so much more easier while using the website.

@david can we get this post on the pending features forum to be voted on? cheers <3

david wrote a year ago: 2

@bungle wrote:
ive request it before, would make life so much more easier while using the website.

@david can we get this post on the pending features forum to be voted on? cheers <3

Where exactly would you want them to be displayed? As links on the externals page?

TomSouthwell wrote a year ago: 2

I'm completely against us linking to a site that were telling users not to use as a source. We are encouraging bad contributions. 

momijigari wrote a year ago: 1

Personally I would much rather see links to persons (actors) official sites, as there are on showpages, not other (unofficial) online databases.

TomSouthwell wrote a year ago: 1

@momijigari wrote:
Personally I would much rather see links to persons (actors) official sites, as there are on showpages, not other (unofficial) online databases.

+1

LadyShelley wrote a year ago: 0

Why would we link to IMDb? We're supposed to be a better source than IMDb. Why would we want to tell our users, 'eh go to this site over here instead? 

bungle wrote a year ago: 3

@Aidan wrote:
@gazza911 made a nice little script that give you those links. 

You can find it here.

this is nice and all but i may aswell just make use of the api if i need to install extra scripts for something so trivial.

and its not promoting other websites, just about making lookups easier on our end. 

oh and also on thetvdb pages they link back to ours with an actual link and not just a useless number for reference, why can't we do the same?

TomSouthwell wrote a year ago: 0

@bungle wrote:
this is nice and all but i may aswell just make use of the api if i need to install extra scripts for something so trivial.

and its not promoting other websites, just about making lookups easier on our end. 

oh and also on thetvdb pages they link back to ours with an actual link and not just a useless number for reference, why can't we do the same?

Looking up what exactly? IMDb isn't an official source we should be using. Yes use it to cross reference etc. Displaying it on the main page tells people thats something they should be using, which they shouldn't.

bungle wrote a year ago: 2

yes, wasn't suggesting we make it visible on the main page. just the externals page to make them clickable. 

also we dont even need to let the whole of the site have access to that page, just the contributers will be fine. 👍

david wrote a year ago: 5

OK, I did both :-)

The show externals now have a somewhat more useful page where you can click through to the destination site. And next to that, I added an "official site" field for people.

@david wrote:

The show externals now have a somewhat more useful page where you can click through to the destination site. And next to that, I added an "official site" field for people.

+1

CostaDax wrote a year ago: 1

@david wrote:

That is so great! Thanks, david! Not only the IMDb and the TVDB links are clickable, but you can add a Futon link too! Adding an official site to the people's profiles was also a terrific idea! Awesome! 😃

Try 30 days of free premium.