Try 30 days of free premium.

Tash's Kitchen

tash845 wrote a year ago: 2

The door is open! What shall we cook today? A nice lunch, perhaps … nothing fancy. 

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 1

I am fine with a cheeseburger and fries :)

tash845 wrote a year ago: 1

@JuanArango wrote:
I am fine with a cheeseburger and fries :)

Great, and would you like cheese (what kind) and a side dish perhaps? Do you enjoy cooking? 

@tash845 wrote:
Great, and would you like cheese (what kind) and a side dish perhaps? Do you enjoy cooking? 

I would like to have a cucumber salad and some chilis with it and I cannot cook :)

tash845 wrote a year ago: 3

@JuanArango wrote:
I would like to have a cucumber salad and some chilis with it and I cannot cook :)

Juan, cooking is not hard at all and you don’t have to turn on the oven to make something delicious.  A cucumber salad is easy to put together. I’m going to add chili 🌶️ peppers today for some extra spice. Slice up some cucumbers along with diced red onion, chili peppers (remove the seeds) sliced thin, a bit of salt, red wine vinegar, and just gently toss it all together in a bowl. You can marinate overnight but ... right now I’ll just marinate it for a few minutes.  This goes nicely as a side dish for chicken, fish, pork or a 🍔 burger. Happy eating!  

theprisoner6 wrote a year ago: 2

Tash, I’ll have my regular poutine, please.

@theprisoner6  Uh, ok but gedmen is not going to be happy. What have you cooked lately?
Romeo has a good recipe for shortbread doesn’t he?

@tash845 wrote:
Juan, cooking is not hard at all and you don’t have to turn on the oven to make something delicious.  A cucumber salad is easy to put together. I’m going to add chili 🌶️ peppers today for some extra spice. Slice up some cucumbers along with diced red onion, chili peppers (remove the seeds) sliced thin, a bit of salt, red wine vinegar, and just gently toss it all together in a bowl. You can marinate overnight but ... right now I’ll just marinate it for a few minutes.  This goes nicely as a side dish for chicken, fish, pork or a 🍔 burger. Happy eating!  

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that tasted very nice :D

theprisoner6 wrote a year ago: 1

@tash845 wrote:
@theprisoner6  Uh, ok but gedmen is not going to be happy. What have you cooked lately?
Romeo has a good recipe for shortbread doesn’t he?

His shortbread is awesome! 

gedmen wrote a year ago: 1

What have I walked into, it has an overwhelming smell of sour milk, I'll have a cheese-less burger tash, and chips and gravy ;D

@gedmen  @theprisoner6  @Romeo53  Romeo, I cannot find the recipe for your delicious shortbread. I renovated the kitchen completely and really am looking forward to baking. Leaving the early risers (once again) the usual beverages: coffee, herbal teas, cocoa, almond milk, juices. This is the biggest kitchen I’ve ever had and my tuxedo cat loves it. 

@gedmen wrote:
What have I walked into, it has an overwhelming smell of sour milk, I'll have a cheese-less burger tash, and chips and gravy ;D

@gedmen that’s the poutine I made for theprisoner6 earlier. Those cheese curds stunk up my kitchen. I’ve been working for many hours to get the kitchen up and running, it’s  breakfast 🍳 time not lunch. There’s fresh  bread 🥖 on the kitchen table and assorted rolls, muffins and bagels. Cream cheese in the refrigerator. Help yourself. ☕️

solar wrote a year ago: 2

Just opened the door ta pop my head in ... wondered where all these great smells were coming from . 

@solar  Hey, good ta see ya! I made turkey sandwiches and salad on the side for lunch today. Eat something! 

BritMystery wrote a year ago: 1

@tash845 wrote:

I make cucumber salad often, Tash. Lately I have been switching it up and using a sweet/acid based dressing adding sugar/honey and apple cider vinegar instead of red wine to olive oil (just enough to lightly coat the cucumbers and onions). I also put a dash of granulated garlic and red pepper flakes (instead of the fresh chili pepper for the bit of heat) into the mix and sometimes add dill. 

theprisoner6 wrote a year ago: 1

@tash845 wrote:
@gedmen  @theprisoner6  @Romeo53  Romeo, I cannot find the recipe for your delicious shortbread. I renovated the kitchen completely and really am looking forward to baking. Leaving the early risers (once again) the usual beverages: coffee, herbal teas, cocoa, almond milk, juices. This is the biggest kitchen I’ve ever had and my tuxedo cat loves it. 

Tash, I have his recipe if you really need it. Unfortunately it’s packed away while we’re moving. I can send it to you in about a week once we’re unloaded and settled in.  One thing you will need is some corn flour, I know.

@theprisoner6 wrote:
Tash, I have his recipe if you really need it. Unfortunately it’s packed away while we’re moving. I can send it to you in about a week once we’re unloaded and settled in.  One thing you will need is some corn flour, I know.

@theprisoner6  I can wait on the shortbread recipe. Yes, the corn flour makes it melt-in-your- mouth yummy. I’m not going to do any baking for a bit … tired and getting my kitchen stuff +furniture all arranged, new curtains, etc.

@BritMystery wrote:
I make cucumber salad often, Tash. Lately I have been switching it up and using a sweet/acid based dressing adding sugar/honey and apple cider vinegar instead of red wine to olive oil (just enough to lightly coat the cucumbers and onions). I also put a dash of granulated garlic and red pepper flakes (instead of the fresh chili pepper for the bit of heat) into the mix and sometimes add dill. 

Brit, that sounds delicious! I use dill quite a bit, excellent in potatoes, carrots, eggs & fish. I like to mix it in with Greek yogurt, a little kosher salt, olive oil and use it as a salad dressing.

BritMystery wrote a year ago: 1

@tash845 wrote:
Brit, that sounds delicious! I use dill quite a bit, excellent in potatoes, carrots, eggs & fish. I like to mix it in with Greek yogurt, a little kosher salt, olive oil and use it as a salad dressing.

Tash, I use dill quite a bit myself, always add it to chicken and egg salad - makes such a difference. Thumbs up on the Greek yogurt - I try to have it on hand because I use it in anything I want to add a creamy tang, particularly when making scrambled eggs or a frittata (instead of adding milk to the eggs).  I prefer it to sour cream. 

I should have added that I put a good pinch of salt and black pepper in the dressing (along with the red pepper). We like the taste of black pepper, so I typically use both black and red when adding pepper to any dish, the taste and heat is different in each. 

Try 30 days of free premium.