Try 30 days of free premium.

Disney+

dpratt wrote a year ago: 2

Saturdays is a new series on Disney+, Disney Now, and Disney Channel.

So far only two episodes have premiered on television with ten more announced for Disney Channel. However on March 25, six episodes have premiered on both Disney streaming platforms and no premiere date is set yet for the other six.

Should we show both air dates? Right now all the dates are filled in for television but according to the policy it should show Disney+ premiere dates since there are more of those right now.

kevin87 wrote a year ago: 1

@dpratt wrote:
Saturdays is a new series on Disney+, Disney Now, and Disney Channel.

So far only two episodes have premiered on television with ten more announced for Disney Channel. However on March 25, six episodes have premiered on both Disney streaming platforms and no premiere date is set yet for the other six.

Should we show both air dates? Right now all the dates are filled in for television but according to the policy it should show Disney+ premiere dates since there are more of those right now.

I've just been adding TV airings because that's all Disney's press releases for the month lists, the D+/DN drops seem to be on a whim. 

If they're doing them on their services first, that should be what the world premiere is, with an alt list for TV broadcast. As to which it should be, I feel like it should be DisneyNow in case they stop doing batch drops (like with Firebuds), then it won't be a huge deal and need to swap things around since DN releases them the same day as on TV, and it's not like it was promoted as a D+ show... The same situation happened with Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, they seemingly randomly decided to drop batches of episodes on their services, but that's set to Disney+ instead so somebody else would have to decide that.

TomSouthwell wrote a year ago: 1

@kevin87 wrote:
I've just been adding TV airings because that's all Disney's press releases for the month lists, the D+/DN drops seem to be on a whim. 

If they're doing them on their services first, that should be what the world premiere is, with an alt list for TV broadcast. As to which it should be, I feel like it should be DisneyNow in case they stop doing batch drops (like with Firebuds), then it won't be a huge deal and need to swap things around since DN releases them the same day as on TV, and it's not like it was promoted as a D+ show... The same situation happened with Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, they seemingly randomly decided to drop batches of episodes on their services, but that's set to Disney+ instead so somebody else would have to decide that.

DisneyNow is only available in certain territories, Disney+ is more readily available hence the decision for Devil Dinosaur. This probably does need a break off discussion though as the UKs Disney+ only had 5 episodes when I last checked the other day and Disney/ABC no longer have linear channels here either. 

dpratt wrote a year ago: 1

@kevin87 wrote:

Thanks. I agree with you here except I think Disney+ should be used. But it's annoying that they don't announce Disney+ releases farther in advance. Right now there are two premieres on Disney Channel and four on Disney+ making Disney+ the winner, but with six more episodes to go and no idea when the rest will premiere on Disney+ that could change. But when this happened with other shows, Disney+ always premiered the most episodes in the end.

@TomSouthwell wrote:
DisneyNow is only available in certain territories, Disney+ is more readily available hence the decision for Devil Dinosaur. This probably does need a break off discussion though as the UKs Disney+ only had 5 episodes when I last checked the other day and Disney/ABC no longer have linear channels here either. 

@dpratt wrote:
Thanks. I agree with you here except I think Disney+ should be used. But it's annoying that they don't announce Disney+ releases farther in advance. Right now there are two premieres on Disney Channel and four on Disney+ making Disney+ the winner, but with six more episodes to go and no idea when the rest will premiere on Disney+ that could change. But when this happened with other shows, Disney+ always premiered the most episodes in the end.

Kind of feel almost like since it's a US show, US things should have more ownership in it than just setting it to D+ worldwide. Would have said the same thing for something like The Lodge should have been Disney UK over D+ if it had been a current show getting D+ drops. There's plenty of other things that can't be set to other countries dates due to not being able to pick a region for a global web channel, which is a little weird in itself, alt lists are helpful but still not perfect. Also doesn't help that even global web channels don't offer the same content at the same time or at all to different regions.

I personally would just say DisneyNow would take world premiere because if they didn't put the other 6+ episodes up first, then it'd have to be moved back to Disney Channel and go through the trouble to change world premiere dates/airtimes/runtimes back to Disney Channel's info, and they could theoretically do random drops at any time and we'd have to keep changing back and forth. With Firebuds, they dropped 12 episodes (or 24 segments) on Disney+ and DisneyNow when the show premiered, but then didn't premiere anymore on Disney+ in batches or individually after that, but it was still added to DisneyNow on the days they premiered on TV so that saves the hassle of changing things a lot to fit Disney's whim. The same episodes that are on D+ are also on DisneyNow, so it seems like a safe middle ground. 

@kevin87 wrote:
Kind of feel almost like since it's a US show, US things should have more ownership in it than just setting it to D+ worldwide. Would have said the same thing for something like The Lodge should have been Disney UK over D+ if it had been a current show getting D+ drops. There's plenty of other things that can't be set to other countries dates due to not being able to pick a region for a global web channel, which is a little weird in itself, alt lists are helpful but still not perfect. Also doesn't help that even global web channels don't offer the same content at the same time or at all to different regions.

I personally would just say DisneyNow would take world premiere because if they didn't put the other 6+ episodes up first, then it'd have to be moved back to Disney Channel and go through the trouble to change world premiere dates/airtimes/runtimes back to Disney Channel's info, and they could theoretically do random drops at any time and we'd have to keep changing back and forth. With Firebuds, they dropped 12 episodes (or 24 segments) on Disney+ and DisneyNow when the show premiered, but then didn't premiere anymore on Disney+ in batches or individually after that, but it was still added to DisneyNow on the days they premiered on TV so that saves the hassle of changing things a lot to fit Disney's whim. The same episodes that are on D+ are also on DisneyNow, so it seems like a safe middle ground. 

You make a good point about Disney Now. Because when episodes air on Disney Channel, they almost always air on Disney Now the same day unless its a series premiere. So there's a good chance that Disney Now will have the most episode premieres in the end. However I think I read they're planning on airing Disney Channel episodes the next day on Disney+. And Disney+ went through the trouble of promoting the series whereas Disney Now releases get very little fan fare if any. So it's a tough call. But I'm fine with it being Disney Now if that's the one that premieres the most episodes.

So DisneyNow is a US exclusive. Sorry for the wiki link but it's all I can access:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisneyNow, 

Whereas Disney+ is available in alot more territories:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%2B#Launch

As to whats available region by region and on what date I'd have no clue how wed check that or list it. However if Disney+ US is the airdate owner for any show we'd list as Disney+ irregardless in the current system and if DisneyNOW is the airdate owner for any show we'd list as DisneyNOW regardless. It's also not a case of wait and seeing we react to how a show has aired so far, so if currently 5/12 episodes have aired first on a streamer but we're not sure 7/12 will, then the streamer wins until the airdate owner changes. 

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/66915/saturdays/episodes@TomSouthwell wrote:
So DisneyNow is a US exclusive. Sorry for the wiki link but it's all I can access:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisneyNow, 

Whereas Disney+ is available in alot more territories:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%2B#Launch

As to whats available region by region and on what date I'd have no clue how wed check that or list it. However if Disney+ US is the airdate owner for any show we'd list as Disney+ irregardless in the current system and if DisneyNOW is the airdate owner for any show we'd list as DisneyNOW regardless. It's also not a case of wait and seeing we react to how a show has aired so far, so if currently 5/12 episodes have aired first on a streamer but we're not sure 7/12 will, then the streamer wins until the airdate owner changes. 

DisneyNow and Disney+ simultaneously premiered 6/12 episodes on March 25th. They are both streaming services. Which one should we change it to? Currently it is showing Disney Channel broadcast air dates yet to come. https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/66915/saturdays/episodes

My guess would be that Disney+ should be the winner since there were press releases around this.

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 1

@dpratt wrote:
DisneyNow and Disney+ simultaneously premiered 6/12 episodes on March 25th. They are both streaming services. Which one should we change it to? Currently it is showing Disney Channel broadcast air dates yet to come. https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/66915/saturdays/episodes

if both stream it the same day and time, you are free to chose one :)

@JuanArango wrote:
if both stream it the same day and time, you are free to chose one :)

Nope 🤣

Disney+ is the more available service so Disney+ would be the service we'd use @dpratt 

So currently DisneyNow is the winner with DisneyNow having premiered 6/8 episodes, Disney+ having premiered 4/8 simultaneously with DisneyNow, and Disney Channel having premiered 2/8.

12 episodes total are expected to air. It's still possible for Disney+ to be the winner if it premieres the last remaining 4 episodes before next Friday. But Disney+ hasn't announced anything yet except that they will air episodes that air on Disney Channel the following day. Which means that tomorrow at least 2 more episodes will likely drop on Disney+. If the number is only 2 and not 6, then I will anticipate that the winner will be DisneyNow and likely make an edit to the premiering network.

@dpratt wrote:
So currently DisneyNow is the winner with DisneyNow having premiered 6/8 episodes, Disney+ having premiered 4/8 simultaneously with DisneyNow, and Disney Channel having premiered 2/8.

12 episodes total are expected to air. It's still possible for Disney+ to be the winner if it premieres the last remaining 4 episodes before next Friday. But Disney+ hasn't announced anything yet except that they will air episodes that air on Disney Channel the following day. Which means that tomorrow at least 2 more episodes will likely drop on Disney+. If the number is only 2 and not 6, then I will anticipate that the winner will be DisneyNow and likely make an edit to the premiering network.

Honestly I wouldn't expect it to be changed to DisneyNow, seems like it's become personal preference over actual world premiere and Disney+ wins. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur should technically be DisneyNow since the episode from the 8th ("Today I Am a Woman") went on DN/Disney Channel the same day, but didn't get added to DisneyNow until they did another batch of episodes on the 12th, and the other 4 from the batch were also added to DisneyNow the same day that those 4 plus Saturday's episode were added to Disney+...

@kevin87 wrote:
Honestly I wouldn't expect it to be changed to DisneyNow, seems like it's become personal preference over actual world premiere and Disney+ wins. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur should technically be DisneyNow since the episode from the 8th ("Today I Am a Woman") went on DN/Disney Channel the same day, but didn't get added to DisneyNow until they did another batch of episodes on the 12th, and the other 4 from the batch were also added to DisneyNow the same day that those 4 plus Saturday's episode were added to Disney+...

Changed to DisneyNOW - could you please make the relevant edits if possible to airdates @kevin87 

@TomSouthwell wrote:
Changed to DisneyNOW - could you please make the relevant edits if possible to airdates @kevin87 

Done. Was just episode 12, then realized with it now being DisneyNow, episode 1 and 2 should mirror the broadcast dates as well.

@kevin87 wrote:
Done. Was just episode 12, then realized with it now being DisneyNow, episode 1 and 2 should mirror the broadcast dates as well.

Saturdays Episodes 1 and 2's Broadcast and DisneyNow dates were not the same day. They broadcasted on DisneyChannel first Mar24. DisneyNow the following day Mar25.

@dpratt wrote:
Saturdays Episodes 1 and 2's Broadcast and DisneyNow dates were not the same day. They broadcasted on DisneyChannel first Mar24. DisneyNow the following day Mar25.

Tom meant Moon Girl, Saturdays is still set to Disney+. I don't follow Saturdays so I don't know anything about that, just the broadcast dates/times from Disney's press releases. Typically though, a Disney show goes on DisneyNow around 2 or 3am the day they are going to be broadcast, was that not the case for Saturdays?

@kevin87 wrote:
Tom meant Moon Girl, Saturdays is still set to Disney+. I don't follow Saturdays so I don't know anything about that, just the broadcast dates/times from Disney's press releases. Typically though, a Disney show goes on DisneyNow around 2 or 3am the day they are going to be broadcast, was that not the case for Saturdays?

Episodes 1 and 2 premiered on Disney Channel on March 24th, then dropped on DisneyNow the next day instead of the same day as they typically do and as they did on April 14th.

Disney+ still hasn't aired any new episodes since March 25th. I'm going to just go ahead and edit the premiering network to DisneyNow. And if the rest of the season drops on Disney+ before Friday I'll change it back.

@kevin87 'can you check if this show is set correctly please?

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/67952/pj-masks-power-heroes

Try 30 days of free premium.