Try 30 days of free premium.

User permissions

Dji wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi,

I'd like to add a couple of dutch shows. What is required to become a trusted contributor?

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Dji wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to add a couple of dutch shows. What is required to become a trusted contributor?

Users are considered for Trusted Contributor after a substantial amount of edits. But in the mean time you can request shows to be added here: http://www.tvmaze.com/request

Alastor wrote 8 years ago: 1

I keep finding mistakes with genres for example http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/9772/animals has Adult, really?

Can someone please explain how on earth that is tagged as Adult?

I do happily add the genres where needed but it is hugely frusrtaing not being able to remove a genre that has no business being where it is.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

Alastor wrote:
I keep finding mistakes with genres for example http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/9772/animals has Adult, really?
I do happily add the genres where needed but it is hugely frusrtaing not being able to remove a genre that has no business being where it is.

I removed it for you, some people thought that "adult" is suitable for all non children cartoons, but we see "adult" as sex related entertainment :)

cheers
Juan

momijigari wrote 8 years ago: 1

Alastor wrote:

The show is not made for children. Though it is an animated show, it is aimed at a grown-up audience.

"Adult" does not always refer to "XXX", it can simply mean that there are themes and dialogue that are inappropriate for children. (And the HBO press release about the show referred to it as "animated adult comedy series".)

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

momijigari wrote:
The show is not made for children. Though it is an animated show, it is aimed at a grown-up audience.
"Adult" does not always refer to "XXX", it can simply mean that there are themes and dialogue that are inappropriate for children. (And the HBO press release about the show referred to it as "animated adult comedy series".)

Think adult would be more suitable to add if it is sex related or it contains a lot of swearing.

momijigari wrote:

but then almost every show that is not suitable for children would be adult, like True Detective, The 100, Walking Dead, Arrow, The Expanse and so on...

horizon wrote 8 years ago: 1

what I need to do so that I can edit genres ?

horizon wrote:
what I need to do so that I can edit genres ?

you need to become a trusted contributor.

gazza911 wrote 8 years ago: 1

I was just wondering:

Is there any specific reason that only curating contributors and higher are allowed / able to add external IDs to shows?

At the very least I think it should show it as disabled rather than requiring someone to look through the API, so that it's much easier to see what's missing and then request it be added.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

gazza911 wrote:
I was just wondering:
Is there any specific reason that only curating contributors and higher are allowed / able to add external IDs to shows?
At the very least I think it should show it as disabled rather than requiring someone to look through the API, so that it's much easier to see what's missing and then request it be added.

This is for historical / technical reasons. We're aware this isn't ideal; there's an open ticket to investigate if we can improve it. For now, please request any changes in Edit Requests :)

MichaelDeBoey wrote 8 years ago: 1

gazza911 wrote:
I was just wondering:

I think that it would indeed be a good idea to show these ID's disabled in the edit page of a show, just so people don't need to look at the API all the time.

AquoTube wrote 8 years ago: 1

How to add picture of tv show? like my requests are approved but the image of the tv show is not yet uploaded.

TomSouthwell wrote 8 years ago: 1

AquoTube wrote:
How to add picture of tv show? like my requests are approved but the image of the tv show is not yet uploaded.

On the show page head to the Gallery tab at the top. You then have an option to add in an image :).

Vodka2014 wrote 8 years ago: 1

Can i request rights to add and edit shows ?

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

Vodka2014 wrote:
Can i request rights to add and edit shows ?

You are already allowed to edit shows. Adding shows will not be possible as this feature will be for trusted or higher.

Try 30 days of free premium.